Rogerthat's 20.64.01 OB Expanda

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
Started getting excited on Friday as tomorrow is the big day, flew home from Belgium Friday and arrived at 2am this morning and get the good news from my wife, no go on collection tomorrow... During the final detail some damage on the bed end has been discovered so it's been put back and we can hopefully get it Saturday... I did get semi close to it today but, it's now sitting in the main yard at Brisbane Camperland... fingers crossed all goes to plan and at least the issue was discovered and corrected before we collected it and went to use it.

Will try and see it tomorrow as I am keen to see the final product.

Cheers Dan

Last edited:

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
ohhhh thats a bugga...... but
as you say, better to have been found now, not when your away

That's for sure, I have to say that Brisbane Camperland and especially Paul has been fantastic through the whole process - I can handle a small delay to ensure it's right. Could not recommend him or Brisbane Camperland highly enough.

Cheers Dan

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I found them pretty good at Bne Camperland, good coffee, but I would go up them about Jayco's poor Quality Control at their factory, nowadays you should expect to get a quality checked out product........

Hit them for extra coffee cups and hats at least, another few days to not go stir crazy, should be able to get away Saturday arvo to a nice beach....

DaveR

Mar 13, 2017
Gold Coast
G'day Rogerthat..
Yep, I got one now also.
As usual I went the cheap and easy option, a 2nd hand jobbie.
Looking forward to seeing yours.

Reactions: Rogerthatv2

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
Well Saturday arrived and we were able to pick up our new home away from home, it is a lot bigger now that it is sitting in our front yard... The car towed it great and we are really looking forward to getting away in it.

Quality wise, few concerns with it - namely the stupid door handles for the drawers, we are meant to have a 2017 model with the upgraded handles. They still look like plastic and are plastic inside - we now have 4 broken... Also the stupid placement of the antenna / 12v connection for the TV... I cannot put it inside however as the washing machine is in there. I will put some right angle fittings on.

A few images below.
View media item 283View media item 274View media item 266View media item 269View media item 268View media item 265View media item 271View media item 279View media item 276
We cannot wait for the 8th, just under 2 weeks in Yamba!

Cheers Dan

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Well Saturday arrived and we were able to pick up our new home away from home, it is a lot bigger now that it is sitting in our front yard... The car towed it great and we are really looking forward to getting away in it.

Quality wise, few concerns with it - namely the stupid door handles for the drawers, we are meant to have a 2017 model with the upgraded handles. They still look like plastic and are plastic inside - we now have 4 broken... Also the stupid placement of the antenna / 12v connection for the TV... I cannot put it inside however as the washing machine is in there. I will put some right angle fittings on.

A few images below.
View media item 283View media item 274View media item 266View media item 269View media item 268View media item 265View media item 271View media item 279View media item 276
We cannot wait for the 8th, just under 2 weeks in Yamba!

Cheers Dan
I can't understand why they are putting the TV point in that stupid spot.

Ours on the 21.64-1 (which is almost the same van) is on the roof out of the way

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Luv that leather colour...That's what we originally ordered... but after an in depth discussion we don't trust our kids enough with felt pens...Hence we changed it to black...

Have you put everything up yet? Do you need a ladder for the storm covers?

No AT35 hitch?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They keep upgrading the door latches, the thing is they only change the style the quality is still crap, pretty much the same in Coromals, if someone can design a decent catch they could make a fortune.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They build these things with out a lot of thought, will never change...................you can get 90 deg sockets but I would just get some joiners and move the whole damn thing to a better position or just leave it and run an extra socket and 12v elsewhere, if you don't have another TV outlet then you will have a spare connection on the back of the Winegard plate..........lack of thought spoils what looks to be a damn fine rig...........

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
Luv that leather colour...That's what we originally ordered... but after an in depth discussion we don't trust our kids enough with felt pens...Hence we changed it to black...

Have you put everything up yet? Do you need a ladder for the storm covers?

No AT35 hitch?

Thanks, we had the same thought but I am anal and will follow our 16 month old around with a damp cloth, lol.

No AT35, apparently it did not fit... funny that, I bolted it on today and it fits... hand brake is close but no issue.

Have not tried the storm covers yet, was going to wait until our first trip, think I will bust them open this weekend now.

Cheers Dan

Reactions: bigcol

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
They build these things with out a lot of thought, will never change...................you can get 90 deg sockets but I would just get some joiners and move the whole damn thing to a better position or just leave it and run an extra socket and 12v elsewhere, if you don't have another TV outlet then you will have a spare connection on the back of the Winegard plate..........lack of thought spoils what looks to be a damn fine rig...........
Thanks, I am going to do exactly that - leave the connection there, change the 240v to a RH plug for the washing machine and then put a new 12v socket and antenn connection in elsewhere where the mattress won't hit it.

Reactions: bigcol

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
They keep upgrading the door latches, the thing is they only change the style the quality is still crap, pretty much the same in Coromals, if someone can design a decent catch they could make a fortune.

On ours the latch appears fine, the handle it self is flimsy as, it has pulled through unless it was the latch that caused this as they all worked at the dealership at collection.

View media item 281

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Nice numbers , I wonder how close to real world they are ? Or did you bridge it yourself ?

Just found your pic on the media sect, 280 unladen ball weight ! Be interesting to see what it jumps to when packed up you could have weight probs if the plate is correct.

Last edited:

Rogerthatv2

Jan 26, 2017
Brisbane
Nice numbers , I wonder how close to real world they are ? Or did you bridge it yourself ?

Just found your pic on the media sect, 280 unladen ball weight ! Be interesting to see what it jumps to when packed up you could have weight probs if the plate is correct.

No, plan to weigh it on the way down to Yamba - fingers crossed we can pack it to keep the ball under 300kg. I have up to 350kg to play with but prefer to keep way south of it if I can.