Exterior Rear dust sealing under van

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
I used silicone just the roof and gutter and an aluminium angle at the fibreglass seem to be stressed with the screws.

Christian

image0021.jpg
DSCN8874 (Small).JPG

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looks good @Stone Stomper ,

I know something that nobody ever mentions and thats the flooring I have sprayed and painted mine with underbody black paint mainly as I thought the original paint job seemed pretty poor especially for ply, I also found what I thought was a join was actually a big split in one layer of the ply so it's nicely sealed now, has anyone else done something along these lines.???
Removing the water tanks is a pain though.

Reactions: Johnno48

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I applied bitumous paint by hand on my 14-4-3 but did not remove the tanks. It went well and was still covering well when sold. I have yet to do it on the Journey but it is on the 'to do' list.

Reactions: cruza driver

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
has anyone got a solution for the huge holes in the floor for the other half of the A/C unit that is beneath the pantry/wardrobe in the 14 footer. These are not gaps but manufactured for ventilation/airflow when the A/C is being used. A removable cover of some sort would be the go.

Hey mate, i installed a flap made out of checker plate over mine you can find some pics here. I based it off @Stone Stomper 's mod.
All you have to remember is if you put something like that over it to open it before you turn your air con on. :)

Also did the dust sealing both under the van and inside the van. I used permatex clear rtv silicone. Check the inside of your van near the wheel arches. Mine had big gaps there. I filled these with quite compact foam. I have since removed the foam after driving red dirt roads and the outside of the foam was just red so it certainly worked as there was not a speck of dust in that cavity. :)

Cheers
Ants