Quarantine Dreaming

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Well @Crusty181 , do not laugh. I am going up to the "high country" (Qld type) - a place called Jimna north of Kilcoy, about 150kms from home .It is called Peach Trees and is a State Forest Park with space for 350 in normal times. Currently restricted to only 40 persons in a grassed and treed area about 400 metres long and 100 metres wide along side Yabba Creek. It is 600 metres above sea level and known to be cold in winter - but sunny. Cold as in minus 2C or less and frosty until sun comes up. Your chance to question MY sanity about cold!! Good thing is that only proper campers go there in the winter - no "tenderfoot campers can survive!!
We enjoy our semi-regular winter rambles to the south coast of NSW. Cold nights, brisk mornings and nice clear mid teen days. If your well prepared then cold isn't a factor. The Princess was horrified when I sent her the -5deg temp pic, but I reminded her our winter recreation for many many years was snow skiing where we've experienced minus 20deg .... we were never cold because we prepped for that. Enjoy the trip

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
but I reminded her our winter recreation for many many years was snow skiing where we've experienced minus 20deg .... we were never cold because we prepped for that. Enjoy the trip

A few lines came to mind when I first read that and a few more come to mind even now..........I'll wait till we are at the campfire and need a few laughs ( I better jot down some notes) :biggrin::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::censored:

Reactions: DRW and Crusty181

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
That would also relate to folk who go to Sandfly Estate otherwise known as Poona..;...:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new::behindsofa:

Thanks for the great shots of Poona and nearby Tinnebar @Drover . My recent trip to Jimna (mid week and winter time), I expected to be one of the few who were not 'tenderfoot" campers. But I was wrong! We arrived early at approx 9.15am to find the place crowded more than I thought it would be. Area was limited to 60 persons total (3 toilet blocks with max 20 persons per block) and instead of mainly tent campers, it was line after line of high end dual axle vans of all types. Seems that there are a lot of vanners just waiting to break out and travel and this was a chance to do a shake down trip after weeks of stagnation at home. I feel there are going to be a lot more campers travelling throughout Queensland (and more still when borders are open to southern visitors!) . Going to be a lot harder to find a quiet spot in the months ahead as people explore Australia instead of travelling overseas.

Reactions: Drover

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I’m a bit happy to have qld to Queenslanders to be honest I know it sounds selfish but it’s about time we all holidayed at home IMO I usually holiday in qld anyway off to baffle creek on the 10th July and they just squeezed us in because we’re regular visitors

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sitting out in the boat at Fraser I was thinking why do I want to go away somewhere when I have this just 20 mins from home.............. this morning its windy, yucky clouds around and my thoughts are of elsewhere but then by smoko it will be nice again........

KECL

Aug 16, 2016
Secret Harbour WA
Has identiifed by @ Boots in Action, the number of caravaners is growing; I hav ejust read a report where some Sales Yards are reporting a 40% increase in sales with many being first timers. looks like we shall be sharing our internal State sites with plenty of others.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I am staying off the major roads and keeping clear of new rigs when I can get away that is ........................

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Has identiifed by @ Boots in Action, the number of caravaners is growing; I hav ejust read a report where some Sales Yards are reporting a 40% increase in sales with many being first timers. looks like we shall be sharing our internal State sites with plenty of others.

Unfortunately true @KECL , and it will become even busier when/if borders are fully opened. Harder to get into the old quiet places you were used to, even mid week and not in holiday times!! But that is being very selfish about others being able to share the outdoors. Not hard to buy a big rig instead of using the money to travel overseas or on a luxury cruise. But I agree with @Drover that a lot of newbies on the road and in camping spots could be a worry. A lot more questions on this forum as a result?? Stand by!!!

GingerMEGS

Jun 8, 2020
Melbourne
Am I understanding that,
Even if your a Victoriain, hotspot or not and have been say caravanning in NSW for 14 days or more you are still entitled to sign a declaration and enter the Banana state.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Well Queen Anna (AKA @Drover 's pet) has announced she is opening the place on July 10!!!

Oh Victorians are banned because in a population of 6,300,000 people they have a few cases of the virus with 9 poeple in hospital

The following is a true report of an incident on the Vic/Sth Aust border which occurred on the weekend. Eldest Daughter's partner who lives in Adelaide is a truckie carrying supplies to and from Mt Gambier. Apparently he was stopped at the border behind a Victorian driver towing van and wanting to enter South Australia. A heated confrontation occurred when the Police on duty said he and the van were not permitted to travel into South Australia, to which the angry driver replied it was his constitutional right as an Australian to travel where- ever he liked. After much yelling and screaming, the police warned the driver again and reminded him of repercussions if he continued to defy the police order, but he persisted. By this time the police had had enough, picked up their mobile police phone and called a tow truck, which proceeded to connect up tug and van. Driver decided that he did not want to be in tug, so got out, only to see his vehicle and van get towed to a holding yard - confiscated for 14 days in isolation like owner. All this happening under the very eyes and ears of Daughter's partner!!! Looks like South Australian police mean business, so not a good idea to call their bluff!!.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The following is a true report of an incident on the Vic/Sth Aust border which occurred on the weekend. Eldest Daughter's partner who lives in Adelaide is a truckie carrying supplies to and from Mt Gambier. Apparently he was stopped at the border behind a Victorian driver towing van and wanting to enter South Australia. A heated confrontation occurred when the Police on duty said he and the van were not permitted to travel into South Australia, to which the angry driver replied it was his constitutional right as an Australian to travel where- ever he liked. After much yelling and screaming, the police warned the driver again and reminded him of repercussions if he continued to defy the police order, but he persisted. By this time the police had had enough, picked up their mobile police phone and called a tow truck, which proceeded to connect up tug and van. Driver decided that he did not want to be in tug, so got out, only to see his vehicle and van get towed to a holding yard - confiscated for 14 days in isolation like owner. All this happening under the very eyes and ears of Daughter's partner!!! Looks like South Australian police mean business, so not a good idea to call their bluff!!.
Born and bred Mexicans are a sneaky tricky bunch. During the loud theatrical display with the Gestapo 100s probably crossed up the road thru the scrub un-noticed. Enrique will be well rewarded for his sacrifice with many Burritos

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Well Queen Anna (AKA @Drover 's pet) has announced she is opening the place on July 10!!!

Oh Victorians are banned because in a population of 6,300,000 people they have a few cases of the virus with 9 poeple in hospital
After sneaking around in the dark and dreary East Gippsland for a week. I crossed into nsw before our northern neighbours turned on us. Now that we've successfully run the gauntlet, nsw has inadvertantly served to cleanse us from the devils lurgy like holy water, and we are now free to wander north at will and venture over the Qld border dressed up as nsw'ers. Lock ya doors, we could pop up anywhere ... including SA by crossing the northern SA border from nsw.

rags

Anna has released her new roadmap and not only gave a boost to Qld tourism but also NSW.
Let’s think about the Qld resident returning from Victoria. So before today, you could return home and isolate in Brisbane and I’m sure people would be satisfied with that arrangement.
Now if you return under the new roadmap you will be required to isolate in a hotel at your cost.( not at home)
What would the alternative be.
Maybe on the way home you stop of at the Tweed and have a 14 day holiday while still being able to slip out to get lunch and on day 15 return home. I am thinking the Tweed break will be much nicer than being lock in a hotel in Brisbane for 14 days. Alternatively you could stop in the expanda on a river in northern NSW for a similar isolation holiday.

Reactions: GingerMEGS

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Many Victorians with vans heading nth from Yamba in last few days. Now probably see them coming back with Qld border closed to all Victorians .Still plenty left.Geez this world is in a b——y mess.!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The main problem is many get their advice from Faceache and other stupid social media, they don't look at the official government pages , so armed with hearsay get a bit miffed when they find out the truth, many here in QLD think they can't travel south, we can and have been able to since this all started, just need a Pass to get back in, if you haven't been to a Covid Hot Spot then you don't need to isolate, no pass, no entry and this is still the current rule........................................ No change at present in the official Border Restrictions.....current since May 5th.

The QLD Projected changes called the Road (Dream) Map can be found here https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/government-actions/roadmap-to-easing-queenslands-restrictions

Can you spot the annomaly ??????

Last edited:
Reactions: Boots in Action

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Crusty's Covid roadmap. Stage one successfully completed. Stage two includes continuous covert testing of nsw/qld border security. Stage 3 is flexible and dynamic

My maps wood, for obvious reasons

Screenshot_20200701-093403_QuickPic~01.jpg