Interior Plumbing

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Im after some input on these water ponderances

Im getting better pressure on the pump than i get on the mains (and the site pressure is pretty good)

On the mains, i get better pressure on hot than on cold. On the pump the pressure on hot/cold is the same

When connected to mains, and pumped turned, which water source are we getting ... mains or tank?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
There should be a non return/pressure valve hanging off the pump, looks just like the unit on the water in line on your house HWS, make sure the valve is turned fully on, also the stupid Tempering valve which blends cold with the hot may be taking the pressure away from one or the other, there is also a pressure valve which is on the main feed line, this can have a screen in it and may be clogged some are plastic/brass others are all brass and lastly since they are relatively new vans I would be checking that the plumbing is plumbed right and doesn't have a kink in a line.........................

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just a thought you run your hot and cold water taps to clear air when you hook up town water ??? I only turn on my 12v pump when it's needed otherwise it's always left off............it doesn't run on mains as the pressure is in the line and the pump won't kick in.

Sep 2, 2014
Yes, I bleed the air out of the hot water system via thd valve at the HWS tank. Then out of all taps.
We used the van for the first time for a month and at least twice a week I had pressure issues on mains pressure

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sounds like the pressure reg to me, I wonder if they have changed regulator models.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Just a thought you run your hot and cold water taps to clear air when you hook up town water ??? I only turn on my 12v pump when it's needed otherwise it's always left off............it doesn't run on mains as the pressure is in the line and the pump won't kick in.
Yeah i did clear the air.

Theres another twist on your post;
............it doesn't run on mains as the pressure is in the line and the pump won't kick in.
Mine runs all the time if its switched on
When connected to mains and i have the pump switched on, the pressure is increased and the pump runs when the taps opened ... clearly drawing from the tank. In that test, I have no way of telling if the pump bypasses or pumps with the mains.

Just to clarify, im only testing. I wouldnt usually use both together

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well it's broke, throw it in the bin and get another.................your van doesn't like Nissans maybe.....lol,lol,lol.

Reactions: Bluey

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Crusty181
I'm a plumber so I'm sure when we pick ours up next month we can solve this! @Drover sounds like he's on the money.
Good work @millhouse , I await the results from your expert investigation. In the mess under the van that we'll call "plumbing" for ease of reference, there is a adjustment looking dial thing on the cold water line near sort of under where my HWS is .... near another one with a blue dial that is connected to the red pipe, probably hot water me thinks . Although I talk the talk, Im not actually a plumber

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Well it's broke, throw it in the bin and get another.................your van doesn't like Nissans maybe.....lol,lol,lol.
:boink:......... stop it!!!!!! Everyone knows .......... oh sh@t, I'm too upset to continue. Ill brew up a smart ar$e answer when I think of one.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Which broken bit are referring .... and im not listening if you try to convince me my Nissan has somehow broken my van plumbing

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
I also have varying pressure between mains and pump. The mains flow is less. The pump is only ever turned on when I'm drawing water from the tanks. Otherwise its off.