16' Series Panda in for Surgery

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
:frown: Well as some of you knew, earlier this year my Panda was diagnosed with a terminal roof leak which has damaged the internal ceiling, After making contact with my dealer to advise them of the issue, they requested photo's both inside and out.

The supplied photos were past onto Jayco HQ, approval came back for a full roof replacement, I was advised we'd have to wait for the roof to be made and transported, approx 1 month
Dealer rang to say the roof had arrived and surgery is scheduled for the 17th and expected to take 2days.

It hasn't stopped using the van but have decided not to go anywhere this comming long weekend :( but will be preping her for trip to Jayco Hospital,

will keep you all posted.

Triton

Aug 4, 2011
Moama, NSW
how old is your expanda Bushman - is it still within the 12 month warranty period or are Jayco covering it outside the warranty period?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
My thoughts will be with you and your family Bushman during this difficult time, i'm sure panda will pull through! :pray:

Reactions: Xpandafan

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
how old is your expanda Bushman - is it still within the 12 month warranty period or are Jayco covering it outside the warranty period?

It's 3 yrs old in September.....

Hope all goes well!!!

I am trying to figure out how they would ship a roof?

In a very large flat crate I guess, I've seen camper roofs in crates so thinks they'd send the pop-tops the same way

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Got to be impressed with their service though. Even if it was a bit of a fight (don't know if it was or not), but for them to look after it after three years that is great.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Got to be impressed with their service though. Even if it was a bit of a fight (don't know if it was or not), but for them to look after it after three years that is great.

Yep couldn't agree more, was never a problem just a slow process. Just notified the dealer who as always given us first rate service and just left it their hands.

You here of people who payout about Jayco products and their poor quality control, but you'd be hard pushed to find another manufacture that supports their product so well, granted so of their issues shouldn't happen in the first place

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Yep couldn't agree more, was never a problem just a slow process. Just notified the dealer who as always given us first rate service and just left it their hands.

You here of people who payout about Jayco products and their poor quality control, but you'd be hard pushed to find another manufacture that supports their product so well, granted so of their issues shouldn't happen in the first place

Very true....

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Bushman have a good look at your roof as you get it, when ours was replaced we got the new version as there are curved (convex) to allow the water to run off and all internal lighting was LED flat type, all good for us. Also all the rubber seals and struts come complete with the new roof. Don't know if you recall, though ours was damaged from the Christmas day 2011 hail storm, hence replaced roof, never leaked though.

Having said that, l'm confused as I have seen new model expandas with flat roof and blub type lighting come out of the factory????

Pace.

DiDExceed

Nov 2, 2012
Kuluin, Queensland
Sounds like you're being looked after very well out of warranty, the new roof for my 14 was to be $8,000 with freight to qld, I now have a custom made roof which is curved and has an aluminum frame instead of timber, you wouldn't pick it's not original from what I have seen of it so far it look like they've done a great job, they went so far to say they would be confident I could jump on the new roof and not damage it. hopefully get to pick it up this week or next week finally.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Well today we were up before sparrow fart (but thats normal), hit the road at 6am rolled in to Canberra 8.15 to check the van in for its surgury. Had a look through the accesories store, that always dangerous. :D Anyway all going well we should pick her up again on the weekend.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Hows the patient bushie? any news? Did she pull through?

They rang Thursday but I missed the call, when I returned the call, no one seemed to know who it was that called or for what, said they'd get back to me, naturally that didn't happen.
I rang back Friday at around 4pm, Still working on it, will be Monday at the earliest, which means it will have to sit there till I can get back to pick it up.