Pace's Colorado7 LTZ

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Yeah, seeing as l got the option to put full mandrel piped extreme exhaust on
it,cabin noise was a factor in purchase,thats once Mrs Pace gets her soft roader then i get the C7. Pace.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Looks awesome @Pace !!!! When is the van getting hooked up? Have you got the brake controller in yet if so what did you go with?

Reactions: Pace

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Looks great @Pace lucky you got in now because I am currently petitioning the government to only allow black coloured vehicles into the country after polishing and waxing mine over the weekend :o

Reactions: Pace

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
Looks awesome @Pace !!!! When is the van getting hooked up? Have you got the brake controller in yet if so what did you go with?

Cheers mate. Plan on getting the van on soon, just got to get some kilometres on it first. Though a trail run will happen soon as too Im eager to see the hook up height, the rear of the C7 is higher than Pathy. Re the controller, part of the deal was that the installation of basic dial/ light Redarc though dealer up spec'd Redarc towpro, due to the can bus control measures and all the hill decent, anti sway ECU monitering C7 does, so win win for us.

I very much like the C7's, they look great. Hope you have lots of fun in the new rig @Pace .

Cheers, thanks, now gotta get Mrs Pace out of it. LOL.

Looks great @Pace lucky you got in now because I am currently petitioning the government to only allow black coloured vehicles into the country after polishing and waxing mine over the weekend :o

Cheers, I will be wax sealing ours in the near future too.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
Ok, so I had a couple of hours spare this afternoon in this beautiful barmy Melbourne weather, so I got the keys off Mrs Pace and took Expanda for a tow(no I couldn't wait @17triton to get more kilometres on it), initially I said I was only going to take it round the suburbs to dial in the towpro. Easy as, text book stuff.

As the eldest bloke got on board too, we hit the highway, though to get there we took all the local hick ups to see the towing proese C7 could do.

Around all the local streets, stop starting no probs power straight off the tip of the accelerator pedal, even the braking was smooth too. Highly recommend Redarc towpro. Once in 80 zone, the auto held the gears well then I went to manual select and it was another beast unleashed. Hercules performed great, most impressed.

Into the 100 zone and the constant torque delivery from the driveline wasn’t anything I have experienced since towing with the Statesman V8 auto. The road stability was fantastic and then once I found the roughness in the road was glad to feel the response in the suspension. Yes, all is stiff still being new and waiting to see things settle in, though time will tell.

Inertia braking on the highway from the Redarc was smooth and was as if the van wasn’t there. I played with the dial more and tried it again, felt the van bite, then towpro just took over and slowed things down without all that jarring affect I get in the Pathy (tekonsha conrtoller).

So, yes I guess you can say that of course this post is and was all ways going to be this good though having a new toy in Hercules, even Jnr Pace said wow dad feel the power and smoothness as the car takes off. Happy we are.

Cheers Pace.

C7 - Expanda (3).jpg

TRAKADU

Jun 23, 2014
Melbourne
Congrats PACE :clap2:... Very nice looking rig. I think it has a decent towing capacity too (3000KG). Towing your panda would a breeze.

Any Mods to the Rig planned mate?

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
Currently :boxing-25: with Hercules trying to get the MyLink movie function to work (too bad the kids are asleep, they would probably do it in second).

Any of you members out there whom have this type of device in your vehicles and have had success, the user manual is all jargon that my melon just wont digest at this hour.

Cheers Pace.

Last edited:

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Haven't done a movie, just thought it had to be on usb. If you are using the sat nav app, the cheap version only lasts for a month, then you have to upgrade. If I was going to gripe about anything in the Colorado it would be the lack of a normal volume knob. I am getting used to it, however they should have used the system from the VF Commodore (it has a bigger screen and volume and tune knobs). Other than that I love the new Colorado. I did drive a loan VF recently and it had side collision alert, that function is fantastic so hopefully all these features find their way into our caravan towing cars.
Now that Soaring is back, not sure if he is still a blue oval man, maybe he could tell us what's in the new Ranger?

Reactions: Smergen

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I'm with you on the volume knob @macca ... the other one with the entertainment unit is the lack of "mode" button on the steering wheel. It's annoying to "cycle" through from AM to FM to USB to phone on the audio page using the console. Could have had a multi purpose mode button on the steering wheel if you ask me.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
So, the first tank is done and on paper its 11.36lt/100km. Per the trip meter is was informing us 11.2 - 11.3. No joy with the movie function yet, though l think its something lm not doing right. Will battle it some more another day. Pace.