Our 18-57-6

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi expanda, we will be happy IF the van comes back to me with no evidence that there ever was a repair, in other words like new or in this case better than. As for the leak in shower wall I would assume this has only happened twice and for short periods. Once when dealer tried to fix, and once when I connected water so I'm thinking should be ok as far as any damage goes as it wasn't a long term leak.

We don't really want to go through the process again and wait up to 3 months but even if we are satisfied with repair and all is good, we feel we should be entitled to something? I notice that Jayco have a free solar pack offer on ATM so a mounted solar panel perhaps to go with the prewire we ordered. At this stage I don't know if Jayco will do anything else but fix the van but I will keep you all up to date with the process when I know more. Thanks again for all your views and concerns.

Cheers.

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi guys, we dropped van back on Sunday with a list of defects and got our cheque back, got home today spoke to Jayco and our van went back to factory this morning. I have been told there is NO WAY Jayco will give us a new van so I hope all will be good when it gets to Newcastle, we are meant to go away on the 27th and they seem to think we will have it by then.....we'll see! Still have to register, adjust hitch and breaks as with the controller on full stick it seemed to do bugger all, which I also told them about. On my 16' with controller turned right up the brakes would lock! Hopefully we will get our October long weekend in but I wouldn't want to hangin by the you know what just in case!

Cheers.

Burnsy.I've just read through this whole thread again and it hit home more now over the whole anguish your family has endured. Poor of your dealer lack of assistance during handover,we dealt with Page bros over in Seaford. Nothing but praise for them there.no affliation.Re your brakes,now you have dual axle is your controller compatible for 4 brake application? Food for thought. Cheers Pace.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Just an update as to where I'm at and will try to keep it brief. Yesterday I called head office as advised by dealer in regards to compo plus I wanted to speak to someone who will oversee what happens to our van as the dealer won't see it again, it goes from factory to Newcastle. After the run around I'm told I must go through dealer, so I emailed my dealer re compo and payment. I said I will give cheque to Jayco Newcastle, made out to dealer in Geelong when I have inspected and was happy then they could forward on to Geelong. No, they would not do this as I was informed the van won't be going to Jayco Newcastle, it will go to a holding yard so as to not get Newcastle off side as the van wasn't ordered from them and they needed payment before it left the factory. I said I don't want our van delivered somewhere that has no resources to fix anything that maybe an issue such as brakes like on the weekend and suggested they deliver to my work as I have all resources necessary if needed.

They said they will check will transport company and make sure all is good with that?? Then I get an email asking me if I had the equipment to get off a flat bed truck? It was too late by then to call back but what the he'll are they talking about? It needs to be truck with ramps and winch or tilt tray with winch. After I deposit money i own this van and there no way in hell I'll let anybody unload with a crane or fork truck! Will find out more tomorrow but might be ready to leave factory on Friday. As far as comp goes, the best I'm going to get is fuel cost refunded! I have also asked for photos to be emailed of repairs so I have something to go off before payment!

Cheers.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
:mad2:Jeeeez Burnsy sounds like a lot of hand balling going on and there bending you over ready for the shafting , dont take any S$%T from em

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
It's worth considering, just depends on if they can hang you on the contract. Be worth adding into your conversation tomorrow with the dealer, and before you give them any cash. They might be happy to walk away, and save themselves the freight, and give you an out. Alternatively you might be able to sort a satisfactory delivery, and have it home on the weekend.
If you need a bit of time to think clearly, delay delivery to next week. Give yourself some breathing space.
Hope that helps.
Jas

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Mate what can be said........I agree with BP and stick to your guns but I also fell your fustration and see why you want to walk away.

I see a lot of Jayco's on the back of trucks getting delivered and there is a mixture of trucks that get used. Some have ramps and tilt trays aren't to commonly used but if so I guess it would be more for local (Vic) deliveries. There is a transport company in the next street from the Jayco HQ and they also use low/drop deck trailers so maybe it could arrive on one of these as they can put a couple of vans on the one load.

Ask them how were they going to unload it at the ''holding yard?'' and whats the difference to your work place?

As for upsetting Jayco Newcastle, ask them ''Why would it its a warranty job that was recitified by HQ'' so thats not your problem.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I think you have to hope Jayco have been through the van with a fine tooth comb, you would think they have.

When we picked up our van last week, moneys had to be in the dealers account prior, fine thats no different to buying a car so unless you decide to cancel the deal, make final payment to Geelong. Then in my opinion anything after that point that Newcastle have to do is warranty. They get paid for it.

Arrange for Jayco to deliver to Newcastle and hope all is OK. I believe it will be. Anything you find that is minor, they can fix later. I know Jayco will not let anything out of the door without being paid for, no doubt the dealer has already paid for your van. I think getting Newcastle involved with the payment side is messy, so you will have to keep dealing with Geelong.

Everything will be OK.

Geoff

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Is there any possibility we could get a Victorian member to do an inspection and take photos before it is shipped and dollars handed over?

Maybe a long shot but Burnsy if you are at the point you are at now the dealer should allow this and it will take some of the pain out of your mind and you will at least know what condition the van is in before it leaves the factory.

Thoughts?

Anyone from the group happy to lend a hand???

Burnsy I flicked you a PM as well get back to me when you can.....

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I'd be fine going out the factory to take a number of current condition photos. It wouldn't be an 'inspection' to ensure everything is in good and proper working order, but photos and an obvious look over, no problem.

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
Burnsy, must be so much going through your mind at the moment, but would jayco newy be offside? They didnt get the purchace off you, but there going to get service costs, as well warranty issues,TOUCH WOOD ITS NOTHING MAJOR, so there is money in it for them. Im off to Melbourne on Sunday to pickup my van and Im sh---ing myself after following whats happend to you. Good luck, and I hope the dealer sticks by you.

Greg

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Burnsy, must be so much going through your mind at the moment, but would jayco newy be offside? They didnt get the purchace off you, but there going to get service costs, as well warranty issues,TOUCH WOOD ITS NOTHING MAJOR, so there is money in it for them. Im off to Melbourne on Sunday to pickup my van and Im sh---ing myself after following whats happend to you. Good luck, and I hope the dealer sticks by you.

Greg

Thanks Greg, I'm sure you'll be fine, and if your getting your van from Geelong i recon i could guarantee they double ckecked the shower :D

Cheers.

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
Hey Burnsy - Push for compo Mate.

When we picked up our van from Geelong - Had a Cafe\Dinette option waiting for us when we'd ordered the L-Shape Lounge option --- They tried to fob it off ect. but we stuck to our guns even getting them to pay for us to take the kids for lunch across the road while they had a little think about "their" stuff up. When we got back from lunch they agreed that they would give us a check for $1500 if we took the van as is.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
I've just been rereading the whole post, and I think with all the abuse of Jayco QC two other causes were overlooked.......
1. Could it have actually been Jayco Geelong who damaged it while doing a pre-delivery clean/test (or whatever they do). - missed in assembly, missed in final QC, missed by Geelong on delivery, discovered the day before hand over.
2. Its a faulty component that simply took time to fail. I'm in the building trade and it happens all the time, even to my own home (ironically, the shower base). Everything settles, glues cure and shrink, and things go crack.....

Not an excuse, sticking up for Jayco QC, or belittling Burnseys problems, just throwing it out there :tape:

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
I was really referring to Zerosecta being delivered a van option he specifically didn't order.

Burnsy, I'm absolutely certain Jayco will sort it out for you to your satisfaction. Once they have done it you will laugh about it over a beer or two. The 18-57-6 is a great van and you'll love it when you get it!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I was really referring to Zerosecta being delivered a van option he specifically didn't order.

Burnsy, I'm absolutely certain Jayco will sort it out for you to your satisfaction. Once they have done it you will laugh about it over a beer or two. The 18-57-6 is a great van and you'll love it when you get it!

Yep, I think you need to remain positive and just go for what is owed to you. Sometimes (no reference to any previous comments) we tend to go for some kind of 'lotto win' when there is a problem with a product. Zero's case is different because it was a take it or leave it type situation. With you it is a warranty issue. My 'advise' is to get what you paid for and perhaps a sweetener from Jayco to show they value your custom, but we should ry not to get too carried away with scenarios and what ifs until the need arises. As BOD says, in no time we'll be laughing about it over a beer at the NSW meet! (when we organise it)