Other Forums

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Forgot to say we bought a rain saver gutter thingy and adapted it a little but the principal makes sense.

Oh, and totally agree about the other forums!

Some miserable old grey nomads seem to think their existence depends on preaching to those who seek advice and get their jollies by taking aim at innocent questioners. They must spend all their time and energy in negativity.

Mind you, some believe that the answer to a question is to throw it to a forum with no need to research for it yourself.....even basic research....so maybe the miserables get fresh fodder that way.

So this is now the only forum I visit and learn from.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Is a forum the only source of research?

Not trying to be controversial but it seems to me that a forum is for sharing information already gathered from experience, research and knowledge already developed....I don't trust a quick answer without trying to find out for myself first.

That's why this forum works...most want another opinion based on other expanda owners' experience, research and knowledge.

The age of the quick social media answer is the culprit.

Rant over!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I do heaps of research from sources other than forums for while the forums are great to find the outcome of some ideas you can get bogged down in someones own outlook...................does that make any sense ????
I know I'm always putting in my 2 bobs worth and try not to be condescending to those who haven't had the experiences I've had in my many travels, my ideas are usually the result of much research and quite a few stuff ups, but I still find some great eye openers on this forum and have a "Why didn't I think of that" moment, it's great and the banter we have, well !! on another forum they might have ended up in an online punch up, here, there's a delay as a more brilliant pot stirring reply comes forth............................there's a few blokes who better get to SA next year as there is some face to face laughter to most certainly be enjoyed.