Other Forums

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I was just reading crap on another forum and it dawned on me (yet again) how many spiteful miserable rude old grey nomads there are in this world. It has been so refreshing reading/contributing to this forum, even when someone takes the don't be rude there is always a great come back with banter and a laugh. Maybe we just laugh at ourselves because we all own Junkos I don't know and no one feels the need to pee up the wall higher? If only everyone drove a Jeep it would be a perfect world :behindsofa:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
If it's the same forum I'm thinking of @DRW I know exactly what you mean... Usually get the :popcorn: out and have a little chuckle to myself at some (Make that MOST) replies.... Especially technical ones!

If only everyone drove a Jeep it would be a perfect world :behindsofa:

WHAT???????? You drive a JEEP!!!!!!!! :pound: :peep: :banplease:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
i don't read any other forum don't need to as has been said before when your on to a good thing stick to it !!!!!!! the misses is on some jayco facebook expander thing some good things on it but she reads it to me sometimes a bloke on there did have 2 spare wheels underneath with 2 tyre lifting chains thought that was good

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
I was just reading crap on another forum and it dawned on me (yet again) how many spiteful miserable rude old grey nomads there are in this world. It has been so refreshing reading/contributing to this forum, even when someone takes the don't be rude there is always a great come back with banter and a laugh. Maybe we just laugh at ourselves because we all own Junkos I don't know and no one feels the need to pee up the wall higher? If only everyone drove a Jeep it would be a perfect world :behindsofa:

Your not referring to rusting Land Cruisers are you

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Hey Dave I love a good rant - totally agree with you re this forum - a great bunch of people! Looking forward to September next year and the special bottle, though would be would be good to catch up before then. I am hoping to retire in 6 months - depends on valuation of my share.
PS will bring a special bottle as well - do you still not really like Scotch?

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hi @Billrw136 great news re your retirement, so jealous I'm still a few years off (not that I work hard anymore)
We are off to Europe in September, I have a dear friend who has kindly offered us her villa in the south of France so we thought never look a gift horse in the mouth!! So this year we sneak the odd weekend here and there close to home, but if your heading up this way give us a yell we don't need much of an excuse to get away and yes can't wait for September next year. Not real keen on scotch, I have a 15 year old bottle of dimple and a 15 year old bottle of Glenfiddich both of which I have had for over 10 years, let me know your preference, cheers.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Happy to be a miserable old grey nomad but hope we continue to find great spots to camp with peace, quiet and serenity we reckon we've earned!

Absolutely love the expanda....love the places we can now get to with comfort and camp in comfort....and avoid the noisy generators others feel necessary.

Have enough solar, 12v setups and water supply to free camp for weeks and just proved it in the cold and wet of the last few weeks.

Just leave me with my iPad, ereader and enough food and wine and I'm happy.

I know others have different requirements and not so insular as to believe it should always be the way we want it but we have a voice and want to use it...even if it is quietly.

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
Its a shame as there is a lot of good technical topics on the caravaners forum. If you wade through all the bull s%&t you can learn a lot.

Reactions: DRW and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well put @DRW , have a quick look at the others but the "Holier than thou " miserable coots drive me nuts and I'd only fire up so I leave. People qouting regs at you all the time doesn't meanit's right......................oh, oh, rant starting...............Jeep drivers, damn were good.

Reactions: dagree and DRW

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Just as an aside.....

We've always been fine with power / solar and our needs with 12v have always been more than met with the solar but we were a little apprehensive going away on our last trip as we knew it would be cold and probably wet so our solar generation would possibly be tested. No problem at all for over two weeks in rain.

The limiting factor we had was water. We avoid putting suspect water in tanks and keep two 20l containers for good drinking water and that lasts for a few days. In the past we've had to chase good safe drinking water but tried an experiment this time with harvesting rain water and it worked beyond all expectations.

No need to leave camp and chat up a servo and we filled our tanks several times and threw out water even after very light rain.

So we are now very happy campers who can avoid the hordes, remote camp and be self sufficient for longer. Means we can read, relax and stay put for longer.

Heaven, methinks.

Reactions: chartrock