New Tug with 4 kids not so easy :(

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Reactions: Bluey

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hate to say it, but unless you are in to buying a new car every 3 or 4 years, you are down to one of 3 options....

1. Downsize van to allow for weight issues. (Not ideal but must be considered if you want those smaller cars, but then you will be upgrading the car and van within 4 years, like we had to.)

2. Get a landcruiser, patrol or disco. (Everything else you will outgrow quicker than you think. We did)

3. Stick with what you've got. It hasn't really let you down, and unless you are doing a huge trip where you need 'more reliability', then it's not really an issue. Cost of fuel is irrelevant with the size van you got.

Our next one will have to be either the Disco (which I don't think we'll go due to the electrical gremlins and servicing costs) or landcruiser.

Good luck.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Ta as said we probably keeping the disco unless she dies
Will keep a eye out for something older maybe for me to upgrade..
In 2 years maybe we look at a Everest etc with 40k on the clock for $40k. Connor might have grown enough to get out of car seat he is 7 in March.
Anyone have a medevil rack I can borrow.

Reactions: Smirke and dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Hey davemc.

I just saw the perfect vehicle for you!

It's a DC 3. Plane with wings cut off. Sits high off road, Diesel engine and has lots of portholes /windows
All registered and mobile. Would carry lots of kids easily but won't fly without some modification.

Don't know if GVM etc was invented when they made it but I found myself smiling when I saw it and thought of your dilemma.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
That's it..

You think it's suitable?

Certainly would have the seating capacity, as well as load carrying ability. Not sure of the current tow rating, although the previous engine(s) certainly would have managed. Turning circle would be very problematic so you'd be looking for drive through sites everywhere.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Or drive over?

Apologies if I'm seeming to scoff at a dilemma but couldn't resist when I saw it.

Strange how odd thoughts spring to mind.

Reactions: Drover