18' Series New 18-58.2 OB. Optional extras

Wazza

Oct 5, 2015
Perth
Welcome @Wazza from another Perthite!!!!! Nah not really knowledgable... we just "wing it" ;)
Lots of options to go for. I'll start with a few and others will add to it:
Extended drawbar
Extra 12 and 240V powerpoints where you think you'll need them
2 x gas outlets if they'll do it
If you lived nearby @Crusty181 I'd say a diesel heater :behindsofa: (Ongoing joke!!!!)

Maybe do an introduction post and ask the question on there. That way you'll get replies on your own post making it easier to follow?

Wazza

Oct 5, 2015
Perth
Thanks for that have done a new post, (wasn't sure how but worked it out)
On a different note I see you have the same vehicle as me, how big a difference is the fuel consumption when towing the expanda?

Reactions: dagree

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
we asked dealers about a third tank and told no....

just a question, why do people want two gas points?
Hi Formyfamily, Sorry about the late reply but we've been away over the grand final weekend but we had to hire a cabin because were currently van less, we cant wait for the 18 to arrive.
As for the second gas point, the flexibility as mentioned by Aussiejet is the main reason but we also have a 50lt Dometic 3way fridge/freezer and this you give me the option to have it set up outside as my beer fridge opposed to taking a esky. Having said the with the bigger fridge in the 18 I hope I wont need too. might not need it. I haven't herd much about the Traford fridges, how do they compare to the Dometics? Has any one had both types of fridges that could share their opinion?

Thank you

Cutters

Apr 19, 2015
Victoria
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and joined because people here seem to know what they are talking about.
Wife & I are looking to buy our first van and have decided a Jayco expanda pop top is what we want, probably the 18.58-2OB. When deciding on extras, what kind of things should we consider?

Welcome Wazza, sound like your in the same boat I was in only weeks ago. You'll find the options we chose to go for at the beginning of this thread, we also opted for a D035 hitch more for a safety reason than off road capabity and external shower as it doesn't consume much room where it's positioned and might come in handy to rinse off on those beach camping holidays .
Good luck and like all I'm happy to help with you have any other questions !

Cutters

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thanks for that have done a new post, (wasn't sure how but worked it out)
On a different note I see you have the same vehicle as me, how big a difference is the fuel consumption when towing the expanda?

@Wazza Haven't really done a firm comparison (Used to have a V8 100 Series and wasn't game to check!!!)
The one trip I checked it went from around 13 - 14/100 K's not towing up to approximately 18 - 19 but that was with a small amount of driving when not towing. Guessing maybe 20ish when towing?

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
we asked dealers about a third tank and told no....

just a question, why do people want two gas points?

We also had a second gas bayonet installed by the dealer (rear), prior to collecting our new van. We like the flexibility of setting up the Weber at the front or rear of the van depending on the wind! We've used both so it was a good decision for us :)

Reactions: Cutters