17' Series Just ordered 17.56-1 OB today

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Welcome Jaypanda and congrats on the Expanda purchase.
Great list of extras, here's to many many years of happy family holidays.
Upgrading from a Cub to an Expanda, very nice!

Jaypanda

Apr 22, 2013
Adelaide
I called our sales guy this morning to add extra 12volt points and he was about to call me as we needed to sign the confirmation. He said its unusual for it to come through so quickly.
So we have now completed the final signing...and the waiting begins!

I get what you mean about the storage....there is never enough with 4 kids. Just glad mine are alll out of nappies... they take up so much packing room.

Reactions: JASA

Jaypanda

Apr 22, 2013
Adelaide
Thanks Lara. We are really looking forward to comfortable camping. Been camping over summer in our Cub camper trailer when its 45 degrees....will be loving the air conditioner this summer!!!

Brettmc

Oct 18, 2012
Perth
Thanks for that Brettmc. Good to know....I just couldn't remember seeing any when we were looking at the display. How's your Expanda going?
Going well , at the moment we are in Albany WA on holidays ,4 adults and 2 children and there is plenty of room for all.

Reactions: Jaypanda

Hit the road

Oct 25, 2012
Frankston Vic
Welcome Jaypanda
great list of extras also,
i have the same van and ordered a 12v and 240v point at the rear bed in the side of robe so that kids can plug in while playing in the bedend, its really handy!
bet you cant wait!

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
I called our sales guy this morning to add extra 12volt points and he was about to call me as we needed to sign the confirmation. He said its unusual for it to come through so quickly.
So we have now completed the final signing...and the waiting begins!

I get what you mean about the storage....there is never enough with 4 kids. Just glad mine are alll out of nappies... they take up so much packing room.

Hey JP,
welcome aboard.
Sounds like your sales guy pushed for the confirmation to come fast so you couldn't add more stuff on. LOL.
Looks like a great setup though.
Cheers Deano

Jaypanda

Apr 22, 2013
Adelaide
I think Jayco is trying to get it through by the 28th April because of the free lifestyle entertainment pack. Don't think we can afford anymore extras, so its probably a good thing. The list of add-ons available seems to be never ending....I'm sure we could have found more if we'd had more time;)

Apr 18, 2013
Moranbah
I think Jayco is trying to get it through by the 28th April because of the free lifestyle entertainment pack. Don't think we can afford anymore extras, so its probably a good thing. The list of add-ons available seems to be never ending....I'm sure we could have found more if we'd had more time;)

Congrats on your new van when is the arrival date? the waiting is the hard bit, we can't wait for our to turn up!

Jaypanda

Apr 22, 2013
Adelaide
Congrats on your new van when is the arrival date? the waiting is the hard bit, we can't wait for our to turn up!
Thanks Scott. We were told 3 to 4 months....weren't given an exact date. Even though we are desperate to get our new van, we hope it doesn't come too soon as we can't access our savings yet! Planned a big trip for the summer holidays....can't wait.
When did u order your van? Like the countdown :)

Apr 18, 2013
Moranbah
Thanks Scott. We were told 3 to 4 months....weren't given an exact date. Even though we are desperate to get our new van, we hope it doesn't come too soon as we can't access our savings yet! Planned a big trip for the summer holidays....can't wait.
When did u order your van? Like the countdown :)

Our order was confirmed with the factory on the 15th of April, I'm surprised you have to wait so long do you live in WA?

James Jackson

May 7, 2013
That was our attitude as well. When your handing over a lot of hard earned money you want to get it right. I made one mistake that I'm regretting now...that was not getting the extended drawbar. We need more storage space and now I'm limited to a smaller tool box than I'd like!!

Hi JASA. You mentioned that want would have had the extended drawbar. Is this simply so you can set the van up whilst hitched? Sorry I'm new to this. You suggestbthatvalso provides extended storage space? We also have a tight turning circle at home and I'd need to work out whether the extended drawbar causes issues on that front. Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
Hi JASA. You mentioned that want would have had the extended drawbar. Is this simply so you can set the van up whilst hitched? Sorry I'm new to this. You suggestbthatvalso provides extended storage space? We also have a tight turning circle at home and I'd need to work out whether the extended drawbar causes issues on that front. Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

Hi James,

Not sure about the wisdom bit :) but, we do a fair bit of free camping so we need to carry more stuff and it would be good to have a storage box on the draw bar, especially for the generator and chainsaw because they stink the van out if I put them in the tunnel. I'll still do it, but it means I'll have a smaller box than I would like. I plan to relocate the spare wheel to the rear and install a storage box on the front with the gas bottles inside the box.

I hope that imparted some wisdom!! Unfortunately it was something I realised after we had the van out for it's first trip and found we need more storage.

Cheers James

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
I wish we had an extended drawbar. Would've loved a custom toolbox, like JASA says for the extra storage, but also because it would have given us enough room for a bike rack on the drawbar too!

Reactions: JASA

Jaypanda

Apr 22, 2013
Adelaide
After reading everyone's experiences I'm so glad we extended our drawbar...its not something you can retrofit and we really didn't want to regret not doing it . Don't have our Expanda yet, but time seemd to be moving quickly....can't wait!

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi James,

Not sure about the wisdom bit :) but, we do a fair bit of free camping so we need to carry more stuff and it would be good to have a storage box on the draw bar, especially for the generator and chainsaw because they stink the van out if I put them in the tunnel. I'll still do it, but it means I'll have a smaller box than I would like. I plan to relocate the spare wheel to the rear and install a storage box on the front with the gas bottles inside the box.

I hope that imparted some wisdom!! Unfortunately it was something I realised after we had the van out for it's first trip and found we need more storage.

Cheers James
i have a toolbox on my extended drawbar.
My main concearn once the toolbox went on was turning circle especially when I had bikes on the bike rack also.
The extended drawbar just gave me a bit more clearance.

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
After reading everyone's experiences I'm so glad we extended our drawbar...its not something you can retrofit and we really didn't want to regret not doing it . Don't have our Expanda yet, but time seemd to be moving quickly....can't wait!

Good move. I enquired about retrofitting an extended bar at a reputable caravan repair centre in Bayswater Victoria and they didn't really want to know about it. Plus he said it would be very expensive (wouldn't give me any ideas of how much though).

Hope time moves fast for you...it's a great lifestyle :)