Jayco Expanda 16.49-3 Outback just ordered!

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
Did you get the layout where you don't have to crawl over the dinette seat to get to the front fold-down bed? Found this to be a drag with our first Expanda - especially if you were in a hurry to get to the toilet!
DrD
We ordered the dinette style and the"new" trifold table we've seen in other make of vans which really makes the seating more relaxing.

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
The Prado goes in to be wired up for our new Expander (12 pin plug) plus we're fitting the Teconshe P3 brake controller. Getting excited, just over 4 weeks to go till delivery.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
Hi S & P
Understand your excitement. My wife and I can't wait to get ours either. We keep visiting the caravan yards to visit one like ours. We just had the Prado wired and brake controll fitted to get ready to bring ours home. (Jan 9th)
Good luck with the pick up and am looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing all about your adventures.
Where are you going on your first trip??

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Hi S & P
Understand your excitement. My wife and I can't wait to get ours either. We keep visiting the caravan yards to visit one like ours. We just had the Prado wired and brake controll fitted to get ready to bring ours home. (Jan 9th)
Good luck with the pick up and am looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing all about your adventures.
Where are you going on your first trip??

It's a sad day today... Jayco built our Expanda with the wrong seating/table layout so we had to knock it back and go back on the waiting list :(
We're now due to collect late Feb 2014, so there goes the Xmas holiday plans!!!
On the up side we're getting the newer model with the same options and a few extras for the same price, all we have to do is wait a little longer - I guess that just means we get a longer trip once we do get it :)

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
It's a sad day today... Jayco built our Expanda with the wrong seating/table layout so we had to knock it back and go back on the waiting list :(
We're now due to collect late Feb 2014, so there goes the Xmas holiday plans!!!
On the up side we're getting the newer model with the same options and a few extras for the same price, all we have to do is wait a little longer - I guess that just means we get a longer trip once we do get it :)
Oh nooooo, that's been my concern a lot, when we reviewed the plans, the wrong seating plans were issued, I then went to great lengths to make sure we got the correct seating we wanted at Page Bros and I received the right plans via email, I just hope they've got it right at Jayco, you hear your story too much.
After all that waiting it would do my head in.
Did you get issued any final plans to confirm your order?
What model expander did you order?
Cheers.

MastoCamper

Feb 22, 2013
Footscray
Hey @S&P, you must be spewing,

We had a stall with delivery of our panda just before Easter, Prestige in Geelong were kind enough to give us a loaner (at no charge) so we could keep our holiday booking, should try the same with Page Bros,

No harm in asking, after all it is their fault?

cheers,

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Hey @S&P, you must be spewing,

We had a stall with delivery of our panda just before Easter, Prestige in Geelong were kind enough to give us a loaner (at no charge) so we could keep our holiday booking, should try the same with Page Bros,

No harm in asking, after all it is their fault?

cheers,
G'day MC,
The dealer (Bayswater Jayco) offered us the wrongly built model as a loaner no charge but we decided not to take it, and just have an extended holiday once we get our new model.
Cheers, S&P

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Oh nooooo, that's been my concern a lot, when we reviewed the plans, the wrong seating plans were issued, I then went to great lengths to make sure we got the correct seating we wanted at Page Bros and I received the right plans via email, I just hope they've got it right at Jayco, you hear your story too much.
After all that waiting it would do my head in.
Did you get issued any final plans to confirm your order?
What model expander did you order?
Cheers.
G'day Greeny,
They didn't send us the plans, I saw them on the w/e and i was as plain and the nose on your face to us that it was wrong. Will be asking to see them WELL BEFORE this time around!
We ordered the 16.49-3 OB with Cafe Dinette seating, big fridge, Truma rooftop AC, moved the m/w to above fridge, 90W solar and 100A/H battery.
So if anyone out there is looking for that but with the standard seating config, and don't want to wait, head on over to Bayswater Jayco and snap it up!
Cheers,
S&P

Last edited:

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
G'day Greenie,
They didn't send us the plans, I saw them on the w/e and i was as plain and the nose on your face to us that it was wrong. Will be asking to see them WELL BEFORE this time around!
We ordered the 16.49-3 OB with Cafe Dinette seating, big fridge, Truma rooftop AC, moved the m/w to above fridge, 90W solar and 100A/H battery.
So if anyone out there is looking for that but with the standard seating config, and don't want to wait, head on over to Bayswater Jayco and snap it up!
Cheers,
S&P
Your order is similar to ours, we deleted the microwave and opted for a full oven, and just added a cupboard above the fridge, it seems the sales person at the show when they wrote the order may have just omitted the letter "b" on the end of the 16.49-3 and that's where the mistake happened, well that's where our problem occurred. I found it clearly on the original order.
When you get your panda as ordered all this hassle will pale into insignificance.
Cheers
Greeeny

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
We ordered the dinette style and the"new" trifold table we've seen in other make of vans which really makes the seating more relaxing.
Hi Greeny,
What's the "new" trifold table design? We didn't get an option of table design when choosing the cafe dinette layout.

Oh, and we got the floor plan design for the new van via email today - getting excited again :)
S&P

Last edited:

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
We'll we did order it and was told later it's an option on all caravans except Expanders. I like the idea that the table is in basically three pieces and lifts up to fold back on its self to reveal more floor space. I've seen it in other brands of caravans.
Just might consider a modification one day, just waiting for our van now.