Exterior Hose storage

Big Al

Jul 23, 2012
Hi all just wanted to get some ideas on how people store their water hose and sullage hose.I have heard of people using tubes but if that is the case how do they store long sections of hose.Most people have at least 10 metres of each type of hose. I have a 16 49 1 outback.Thanks in advance.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Cut pipes to length to fit in tubes, each piece has a joiner, select lengths required for application, this means ur pipes aren't curled, and increases waste water flow as u can have the shortest distance required.
If u want yo keep them full length , some people bag them , and hang them external in the bed ends before closing outer lid. There are pics on this site of that.
Hope this gets u started, but there are plenty people on here that will help.

Reactions: Racer

BruceD

Jun 12, 2013
Canberra
I did the same as Colin & Sue. Cut my 10m into 5 2 metre lengths with a joiner on each one. Only use as many as required.

You can see the PVC pipes at the rear end.
DSCN01.JPG

Reactions: Marv_mart

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
My water hose just sits in a box in the front tunnel. The spillage hose I coil up and have sitting in the middle of the rim of the spare wheel in the a-frame. Has a bungee cord to hold it there.

BJ.

Reactions: blacky

Kebsy56

Jan 17, 2012
St leonards vic
Hi Big Al
I have 2 x 4.2 metre lenghts in the chassis rail on the left hand side. The chassis rail on the right side is full of screws for all the pipe brackets. They sit on top of each other and slide in and out real easy with a joiner on one pipe.
Hope this is some help. Cheers
spare wheel 5.JPG

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Some good solutions here. We were wondering just this one ourselves after our first weekend away. We had only run water through the sink so we just rolled them up in a couple of shopping bags and put them in the shower. I think the spare wheel slot will be the first spot, but I like the idea of @BruceD to put them into sections and then into pipe. We had hose everywhere! :)

I also need to hook up one of those "double adaptors" for the hoses I've seen on here. I assume they are just a DIY...

Big Al

Jul 23, 2012
Thanks to every one who replied.It has given me some good ideas.Just goes to show the willingness of people to help others.All the best

Racer

Jun 17, 2014
NSW
I use the dedicated bags for both drinking a sullage. My drinking is broken into 2 x 10m lengths and yes people a right stating when coiled they are a pain.

I'd like to know more about these joiners.

Reactions: Smergen

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@Nagga's

poly fitting.jpg
We currently use one of these but they are a pain in the proverbial to fit and remove once fitted

poly fitting 1.jpg poly fitting 2.jpg

Thinking about getting one each of these and fit them to either end of all hoses... No need to try and remove them once fitted !!!!!

Reactions: Nagga's and blacky

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
@Nagga's

Thinking about getting one each of these and fit them to either end of all hoses... No need to try and remove them once fitted !!!!!

We actually use this kind of thinking with our irrigation systems on the yard. Unscrew different watering styles to suit the types of plants on rotation. They get a little stiff and can often leak under high pressure, but we leave them done up for quite a few months exposed to the dirt. I reckon with more frequent use and perhaps good hose clamps it'd work really well.

I'm wondering what styles of hose connectors would be required for the sullage hose... Off to the big green shed I reckon.

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Hi all just wanted to get some ideas on how people store their water hose and sullage hose.I have heard of people using tubes but if that is the case how do they store long sections of hose.Most people have at least 10 metres of each type of hose. I have a 16 49 1 outback.Thanks in advance.

@Big Al
We use storage bags from Stonewolves and keep them in the front tunnel... Couple of "Storahose Original" for water hoses and couple of the "Sullage Hose Bags" for the sullage hoses. Takes a bit of practice feeding the hoses in but after you get the hang of it all's good!
http://www.stonewolves.com/hose_bags.html

Reactions: Marv_mart

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
25mm for ours... And my Mrs reckons I should have shares by now at that Big Green Shed :greedy_dollars:... Damn hard to stay away when they build a new one less than 1 km away :ballchain: