Hit the road Has finally arrived!

Hit the road

Oct 25, 2012
Frankston Vic
Can anyone help me with an Air con question?
when working in the van on the weekend with the aircon going, after a while water starts dripping of the roof in various places!
Question is, should the aircon just spill the condensed water out onto the roof or should it run down a small pipe somewhere to get to ground level?
never had aircon b4 so sorry if its a dumb question!

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hi HitTheRoad,
Great mods. I just put some of those Rubbermaid slide and stacks in our 16.49-1 panty, picked them up from my favourite place Bunnings. they work a treat and fit perfectly. Love the bottom mount slide, easy to get to the things at the back without pulling everything out. Also keeps everything secure for travel.
Lara.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
There should be a water line/hose thingy from air con across roof and down the side. Its concealed in the walls, so you will only see the point of exit. On our 16.49-1 is about chest height, same side as water filler, fridge vent etc.
Sorry for the vague description, hope that makes sense.
Lara.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Ours is a 2011, maybe Jayco aren't running the line anymore?. Don't know why they would change something that worked. Better they spend their time changing things that don't work....

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hi HTR,
Just me again....... After doing a quick google for you, there has to be a draining tube from air con out side of van like mine. Have a look around, but I would say your tube either has a blockage or a kink if it's not draining out correctly.
Let me know how you go.
Lara

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
And again...... Oops....
Now you have me thinking, is it the air con drain on the side of my van, OR is it a drain for the fridge?
I'll be going to where my van is stored tomorrow and will figure it out. Am meeting Joe from Austalia Wide Annexes for my new annex to be fitted! Can't wait.
So confused now, apologies for confusing you too.
Ignore everything I have said for now!
Lara.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
New van the looks like the Starship Enterprise and a pending half lap around Oz..........jealous much........yes i am!

Congrats!

Hit the road

Oct 25, 2012
Frankston Vic
IMG_2711.jpgIMG_2718.jpgIMG_2715.jpg IMG_2707.jpg

Giday all!
Latest Mods done over the weekend!
sorry but cant workout how to change the order arround so progressive pics are in wrong order!
(any tips on how to arrange pics would be great!)
also couldnt upload most photos as files too big and dont know how to make work
again, sorry but computers and i dont always get along that well!
again any tips welcome.
The jobs done were
-Fitted out skinny cupboard where HWS sits, found this to be a wasted space so hopefully you can make out the three progressive pics taken to make it more usable.
-Made pivot bracket mount for TV (not Painted yet)
- fitted stone stomper (not completed yet, couple of issues to sort)
- Fitted curtain track ready for curtain
- fitted pull out tub to drop cupboard under fridge
- fitted better detergent and dish-mop holder in top drawer under sink
- purchased 3 tubs to sit on top bunk for three kids clothes
- also worked a little on front tool box setup and gas relocation (toolbox arriving tommorow)

if anyone does know how to reduce photo size please let me know as i can then add more pics!
cheers

Attachments

• IMG_2719.jpg
    IMG_2719.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_2710.JPG
    IMG_2710.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 320
  • IMG_2721.jpg
    IMG_2721.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 308

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
View attachment 12446View attachment 12447View attachment 12449 View attachment 12443

Giday all!
Latest Mods done over the weekend!
sorry but cant workout how to change the order arround so progressive pics are in wrong order!
(any tips on how to arrange pics would be great!)
also couldnt upload most photos as files too big and dont know how to make work
again, sorry but computers and i dont always get along that well!
again any tips welcome.
The jobs done were
-Fitted out skinny cupboard where HWS sits, found this to be a wasted space so hopefully you can make out the three progressive pics taken to make it more usable.
-Made pivot bracket mount for TV (not Painted yet)
- fitted stone stomper (not completed yet, couple of issues to sort)
- Fitted curtain track ready for curtain
- fitted pull out tub to drop cupboard under fridge
- fitted better detergent and dish-mop holder in top drawer under sink
- purchased 3 tubs to sit on top bunk for three kids clothes
- also worked a little on front tool box setup and gas relocation (toolbox arriving tommorow)

if anyone does know how to reduce photo size please let me know as i can then add more pics!
cheers
Great progress "Hit the Road". Im watching these threads with interest to pick up mods that I will need to do once I pick up mine!
One question. where did you get the timber laminate material that you are using to line the inside of the Hot water area from? It looks to be a perfect match for the Jayco laminate.

As for photo size reduction. I do it in windows paint. I select "resize" and you can resize by either pixels or percentage. You can also crop wich is usefull if you want to show something in detail.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hi HTR,
I too would love to know where you got the timber laminate from. Looks very professional, perfect colour match!

Hit the road

Oct 25, 2012
Frankston Vic
Really sorry Soaring, forgot to answer your question!
i ordered an extra sheet of the same laminate when i ordered the van!
its not difficult to get at all!
As it turned out they forgot to supply it when the van arrived and it still only took a week to get in!
about $40 per sheet approx and worth it i think for the look!

Reactions: Lara and Xpandafan