17' Series Handover tomorrow but lost the excitement!!!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Yeah got our first one on the way to Dwellingup for a long weekend in June a few years ago when we found out the property owner (friends property... not camp area) didn't allow open fires. They do give off enough heat to just warm you up before bedtime...... Damn I now remember how cold tents were!!! And economical as still got a couple of original canisters left.

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
nice @dagree
whats the main differences you see between the 16.49-3 and the 17.56-2? If i had of known when we bought our 16 that we could change the bunk beds into a cupboard i would be towing one of them around. I much prefer the idea of a tandem axle. Alas not to be. What year model 16 did you have and did you trade it with the dealer or sell it privately?
cheers mate
Ants

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@Antman
The 16 was an on-road version, 2007 model with no hard lids (Got sick of putting up bed fly's with tent poles, ropes etc as it felt like we were still putting up a tent). Main difference with the 17 is so much more room even if only 1' longer and hard lids :)

Went with the bunks for two reasons. Oldest daughter often comes away with us with her son and he'll soon be too old/big to sleep in same bed as Mum. Reason #1 is due to us not ordering the van but bought a "stock" order that the dealer got sent over to put on display in the yard but we bought it the day after delivery so they didn't even get the chance to do that!!!!

We did a trade-in deal with the option to sell privately while waiting for the bank. Put an add on gumtree same night as we put the offer on the new one and was sold the next day for $3K more than we were offered for trade so very happy there :)
We were actually looking for a later model 16OB with hard lids (Second Hand) but this deal was too good to miss out on.

Cheers,
David

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
one like this.......

gas heater.JPG

cheers

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Yeah we looked at them but didn't have a gas bottle with us at the time..... only gas canisters for the little one burner cooker so got a heater to suit them!!
gas heater.jpg

Similar to this one.

Reactions: bigcol