Expandas brochure for 2014

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
="bigman0510, post: 65015, member: 1461"]Well... The Wife is NOT happy with the new BaseStation layout, its exactly how we wanted it and they said they would never make it like that!!! She wants an upgrade![/quote]
Want's the slideout does she?

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
@cruza driver on page 2 of the brochure it clearly show the front of an on road model in beige. The one I saw at a dealer was blue. Maybe a late change due to feedback. If my expanda was blue, I would be asking the dealer to repaint the front, only my opinion and others may like it. I know its only campers, maybe it will grow on me.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Buyer beware!
Some discrepancies with those layouts, in particular overhead cupboards above trifold bunk on the Journey??? Don't know how that would work and outward opening toilet door toward.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
@cruza driver on page 2 of the brochure it clearly show the front of an on road model in beige. The one I saw at a dealer was blue. Maybe a late change due to feedback. If my expanda was blue, I would be asking the dealer to repaint the front, only my opinion and others may like it. I know its only campers, maybe it will grow on me.
Looking at the brochure I reckon it maybe a bit rushed as it appears that they waited until a couple of cycling races were completed. The cycling pic of Simon Gerrans in front of Cadel Evans was only just over a couple of weeks ago :thumb:

I missed that pic on page 2 @macca good spotting

Swift12

Sep 10, 2012
Mordialloc
I'd love to see those who have issues with Jayco's brochures do better. With the number of model combinations and options I think they do a bloody awesome job. The brochures have been released earlier this year than any other year.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
I'd love to see those who have issues with Jayco's brochures do better. With the number of model combinations and options I think they do a bloody awesome job. The brochures have been released earlier this year than any other year.
Sorry, have to disagree. When we were looking to buy the WnP last year we found that years brochure to be a bit of a joke with mistakes in weights (particularly weight allowances), dimensions and lack of info on possible additions. The same brochure, with it's mistakes, was around for months until we picked up ours mid year and had stopped looking anyway. For a professional Company of caravan builders the brochure was quite unprofessional. As to this years one, like last years version, vans are being displayed and sold prior to brochure being released. A bit back asswards. The brochure should be out by the end of the year to build interest from potential buyers and especially as they have already built some and therefore know what they intend to do with them.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
No issues here just an obsevation :)

But i did have to extend my shed when I went off the towing measurements in the brochure and when i got home it didnt fit. :eek-53:

Nevermind the sheds bigger :bounce:

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I don't have issues with it, it is fine for a brochure, I do think they could be making better use of their internet site and keeping things up to date quicker and they could be using this site better. Marketing 101, Jayco customer are here! if I was a marketing guy at Jayco I would be all over this site getting ideas and releasing product development stuff at launch time of the new vans. I would be out there on this site saying who I am and what I do at Jayco. I think some things on the brochure are a tad confusing, as an example and I could be wrong but where is the drifter control panel and the fusion stereo stuff. I thought that was the path they were travelling down only to see different older stuff. But it is helpful and it is out early so that is great. I did see on the brochure there is a link we can sign up to get advised of new developments, again another positive. Anyway, love the product.

In answer to your statement, I would love to have a crack at the brochure.

Cheers Geoff

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
Not sure if these are on the new models, or just the Starcraft and other models.
View attachment 19542
View attachment 19543
Hi
The double outlet has been out for a at least 12mths, i can't tell you which model, but i've seen em on vans for a while, maybe it's a option for dual outlets.
the light switches are about the same age, they are wireless switches for a base relay station, so you can put the little buggers anywhere and program them to turn on as many lights as you like. but it can be a pain sometimes to get several lights turning on from the one switch. they have a range of 10 metres or so. I so want to take some to a caravan park and play silly buggers late at night :)

but they are a great feature to put in the house to turn the shed lights on/off without running a switch wire ......... especially if your shed is running surplus 12v lights from some caravan manufacture that are thrown away when a roof is changed :)

Reactions: relgate

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
@DaveS, how reliable have these wireless switch systems been. I am wanting to add a few things to the new (old) van. This system looks pretty simple and looks like it would make retro installs easier and neater. I see it is for low amp stuff mainly 2 and 5 but with led lights that would be good. Anyone know of someone who has done a retro fit with them. It must be OK if Jayco are using it in probably half of their vans;).

Cheers Geoff

Simon

Dec 28, 2013
Melbourne
@PhilD, totally agree with you mate. I had to take a tap measure and measure the length and width on the 17.56-1 before I put a deposit on it. The salesman looked at me as if I was crazy until I measured one of Starcraft vans (I knew it was different from brochure) and got him to check brochure to find the brochure was wrong, and by a fair bit. Thankfully length and width for the Pandas are pretty accurate with exception of ride heights for the new Jtech suspension for both the Touring and OB. The brochure still has standard suspension ride heights. Apparently the OB is a fair bit higher with news suspension.

It's these little lapses in attention to detail that stops Jayco reaching its full potential I reckon.

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
we have had a couple of failures in the main unit's, seems they won't let us program one channel ..... and it's always the same channel. and can be frustrating to code several switches to one channel
I've been toying with the idea of using the faulty units for my shed lights, which will all be 12v when it's finished (groan!) that way i can turn the lights on/off from the house without running switch wires.
but you could also use one to switch a relay of higher amps(like they do in the jayco's), or even a 12vdc/240vac relay to turn on 240vac stuff.

a retro fit would be pretty easy for new stuff........ just mount it down near the setek, run your new wires into this and away you go .... then just plonk the switches wherever you want

now all we need are wireless ummm wires :)

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Thanks Dave, I might do it before Adam does!:p But if all you have to do is run wires from the module to the light then that's not bad and I could turn lights off from different switches (is that right)?

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
Thanks Dave, I might do it before Adam does!:p But if all you have to do is run wires from the module to the light then that's not bad and I could turn lights off from different switches (is that right)?
yep thats right, you can program a switch to turn several lights on, or several switches to turn one light on