Ebay Finds

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
@jacbaz not claiming to be a tech person, but here goes anyway.

I am assuming that you are talking about the 600W unit for $59.99.

The first thing is I would assume that this is not a pure sinewave inverter and may not be suitable for some electronic equipment. So check what you want to run off it can handle poor quality power, or see if you can find / request if it is actually a pure sinewave inverter.

Next: is the 600W continous and what is the maximum wattage and over what time, I would consider de-rating this value and only using it at say 550W, which should keep it lasting longer. Note that there is nothing to do to the unit to do this just keep the load on the unit around or below a specific value. Also it is arbitary as to how much you de-rate the item. If the fan was temp. controlled and cycled on and off, then you would know that the unit is well within its limits.

The rest is checking that it has the capability you need 600W (or a de-rated value).

There is also the hassle about warrenty etc for an online purchase, but the other point is that it is $60. How does that compare with other prices and the price that you want to pay.

To avoid the hasstle on some items and because the online price is so low I buy multiple units so that I can have spares. Althouth this was the 12V double USB charging units where I could buy 6 units online for the price of 1 unit in the shop.

Hope this helps

Reactions: jacbaz

jvp

Apr 9, 2013
Yorke Peninsula Copper coast SA
Myself & a mate both purchased 600W pure sign wave inverters from an Australian seller with no problem.
I am an auto electrician & can't buy wholesale through my suppliers anywhere near that price. I find that some leading expensive brands look the same but with there own label.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Just looked at the original add. You have to be so careful of scumbags that do stuff like that.:crazy: