Drovers new Rig - "Big Mal"

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Johnanbev , @Drover may have been "on everything" , but perhaps you meant to say he was "into everything" he could get his hands on that was not nailed down??

You sound like my RAAF POL SGT @Boots in Action , but the inference was that once upon a time everything RAAF that went on an airfield was Yellow, very bright yellow, tow motors, battery carts, tankers, cranes and bomb trolleys, hence the "on everything"..........When I left the RAAF the "Everything Yellow" had changed to "Olive Drab" with lots of flashing orange lights, officially so could be used instantly for deployment but really the crewies couldn't be stuffed washing the stuff.................. Any gear that I may have was requisitioned using the correct procedure or salvaged from the tip to be recycled.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
You sound like my RAAF POL SGT @Boots in Action , but the inference was that once upon a time everything RAAF that went on an airfield was Yellow, very bright yellow, tow motors, battery carts, tankers, cranes and bomb trolleys, hence the "on everything"..........When I left the RAAF the "Everything Yellow" had changed to "Olive Drab" with lots of flashing orange lights, officially so could be used instantly for deployment but really the crewies couldn't be stuffed washing the stuff.................. Any gear that I may have was requisitioned using the correct procedure or salvaged from the tip to be recycled.

I am sure it was @Drover!! Nothing like "requisitioning" to be able to get what was "being discarded"! Good luck to you being at the right place at the right time.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Had another look at my handy work on the LRPS donga as suspected it gets a bit woofy with petrol/oil smell so added a couple of vents to door which seem to do the job okay, hope they don't cause a venturi flow so dust shouldn't be a problem....... I have gaffa tape.

20201012_121446_Burst01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mfexpanda

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Had another look at my handy work on the LRPS donga as suspected it gets a bit woofy with petrol/oil smell so added a couple of vents to door which seem to do the job okay, hope they don't cause a venturi flow so dust shouldn't be a problem....... I have gaffa tape.

View attachment 65833
As Bernouli would say, no venturi there, but may get a little dust seepage. The vent orientation is best for the airflow.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
but may get a little dust seepage.

I'll find out soon enough, hopefully none, will depend on flow and pressure bubble in that spot, BIg Mal doesn't get any dust inside, no vents covered and just the drain shut off..........

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
I'll find out soon enough, hopefully none, will depend on flow and pressure bubble in that spot, BIg Mal doesn't get any dust inside, no vents covered and just the drain shut off..........
Should have slight negative pressure in that area due to the turbulent flow from the caravan front

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Its at the back actually, battery box is similar at the front no dust in it, in fact I don't even get a lot of road grime around there...... I'll let you know next week....

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I just need someone/anyone outside the Zombie zone to send me a plan to quote. I can use my dutifully completed travel permit (issued by me, to me) to head out and do the site measure. Once I cross that DMZ I just keep on driving .... and laughing, pretty simple really. And like any good asylum seeker worth his salt, I'll just leave my family behind to fend for themselves.

You're about as insultingly close to the barbed wire as is possible, can you see the free world over the back fence ???

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I just need someone/anyone outside the Zombie zone to send me a plan to quote. I can use my dutifully completed travel permit (issued by me, to me) to head out and do the site measure. Once I cross that DMZ I just keep on driving .... and laughing, pretty simple really. And like any good asylum seeker worth his salt, I'll just leave my family behind to fend for themselves.

You're about as insultingly close to the barbed wire as is possible, can you see the free world over the back fence ???
Up until 12 months or so we were a shire then we became a city and part of the metro area.
Only a few k’s to the line yet so far .........
Have you considered an ultra lite ? The great escape

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Up until 12 months or so we were a shire then we became a city and part of the metro area.
Only a few k’s to the line yet so far .........
Have you considered an ultra lite ? The great escape
Flying is my Achilles Heel. Im a very very uncomfortable flyer, add to that the fact I cant fly and I'll take the lockdown. My discomfort with flying is a source of great enjoyment to my sympathetic family

Reactions: mfexpanda

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey @Drover, I need you to do me a favour on Friday.

Could you jump in the Jeep and pop down Teewah Beach for me. My Troopcarriers of Australia brothers are having our 2020 Beach Bash long weekend down at Double Island Point. I just want you to drive into the middle, let them know I can't make it because of the lockdown and table my apology. I'll organise for them to put an Assoc Member TOA sticker on the Jeepg. There's 67 confirmed attendance so you should be able to find them easily enough, aside from you and the Jeep they'll all look much like this glorious beast. (print it out for reference)

20190915_090119-resized-2048 b.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No LWE this week it was last week................................. I have a self imposed ban on going to Teewah or Double Island on weekends, may as well do rally cross in a Coles car park and save fuel...................................... I owuld wear my old Cruiser hat and carry my old Tojo stubby Holder....they rae pretty common along the beach, actually one of the few vehicles that you don't see swimming, like Landrovers (proper ones), says something about theowners I think....

Now get back on topic ...................................... I might post some Jeep and Big Mal pics in red dust next week.