17' Series Diesel heaters

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I am thinking of putting the D2 under a seat with the hot air vent coming out under the table but am thinking that it will be too hot near a leg
I propped up my fridge wireless thermometer in front of, and virtually touching the heater vent and turned on the heater. It was cold in Melb this morning so the heater was revving out pretty hard. After half an hour or so the thermometer was reading just under 60deg at the vent, which is not burning hot but its still pretty hot. Bit like a hairdryer. Sitting on the couch in the usual naughty schoolboy position outside the Principle's office (I have a long extensive history of that), my legs are almost 30cm from the vent under the couch, and with the vent in the corner I cant feel it anyway.

Reactions: alexvk2 and Drover

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I propped up my fridge wireless thermometer in front of, and virtually touching the heater vent and turned on the heater. It was cold in Melb this morning so the heater was revving out pretty hard. After half an hour or so the thermometer was reading just under 60deg at the vent, which is not burning hot but its still pretty hot. Bit like a hairdryer. Sitting on the couch in the usual naughty schoolboy position outside the Principle's office (I have a long extensive history of that), my legs are almost 30cm from the vent under the couch, and with the vent in the corner I cant feel it anyway.
Time that maybe we buy a lotto ticket ,win , pack the family and f@$k off both never to return to the horrible cold south

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
With minus flamin 4 here I could have given a diffinitive report on a 2kw if the damn thing was working...plastic tank mounted on a frame off the rear bar behind spare with a tea cosy for it to keep the heat and cold away...........................but mine at half throttle kept things nice, luke a kero or oil heater run near full noise and never have any trouble except when the fan lets go from the drive spindle................

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Time that maybe we buy a lotto ticket ,win , pack the family and f@$k off both never to return to the horrible cold south
Sign me up M. I tell the Princess every day how much I hate it here. We're Tropical people trap in this southern freezer ... but I suspect with cold induced short memories, all will be forgotten once the weather warms up

Tropics.jpg

Anthropologist, Professor Crusty said "Tropical people don't die 7 years earlier .... frozen meat lasts 7 years longer"

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
With minus flamin 4 here I could have given a diffinitive report on a 2kw if the damn thing was working...plastic tank mounted on a frame off the rear bar behind spare with a tea cosy for it to keep the heat and cold away...........................but mine at half throttle kept things nice, luke a kero or oil heater run near full noise and never have any trouble except when the fan lets go from the drive spindle................
Murphys Law @Drover. The VAST satellite service is similar. You only find that you need to request an online re-hit when you have no internet service. Youll see all the Sat Folk wandering around bumping into each other like a scene from The Walking Dead desperately holding their mobile phone in the air. Bloody teq'no'lojy. Just light a fire on the floor in the middle of the camp kitchen

Reactions: G Daddy and Drover

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Murphys Law @Drover. The VAST satellite service is similar. You only find that you need to request an online re-hit when you have no internet service. Youll see all the Sat Folk wandering around bumping into each other like a scene from The Walking Dead desperately holding their mobile phone in the air. Bloody teq'no'lojy. Just light a fire on the floor in the middle of the camp kitchen
I just re-hit our vast took seconds just need to use your card number

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I did a vast system check before leaving home and got it all rebooted............

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Haha, I've driven 2 hours to get internet service so I could re-hit the VAST box.

I make a habit of setting up at home and testing before each trip now

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Haha, I've driven 2 hours to get internet service so I could re-hit the VAST box.

I make a habit of setting up at home and testing before each trip now
When you have the Sat TV signal its all a bit "meh, whatever"; but when you cant get it, it all rapidly becomes a bit ..... gwwwrrrrrrrrraghhhh

Reactions: Bellbirdweb

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
I got my complete kit on line from the UK and have purchased some extra bits of ducting etc since then from heatso.com
The kit I got from the UK needs the floor mount and fuel tank ...which is 400mm ..there are a couple of fuel pickups 300mm and 600mm do I need one ? which one? any other bits you needed? I only want to make one more order due to $80 delivery and delay with each order (waiting a couple of days with no response to questions from UK).
thanks

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
The kit I got from the UK needs the floor mount and fuel tank ...which is 400mm ..there are a couple of fuel pickups 300mm and 600mm do I need one ? which one? any other bits you needed? I only want to make one more order due to $80 delivery and delay with each order (waiting a couple of days with no response to questions from UK).
thanks
My Eberspacher kit came with a number of different sized fuel lines, I just picked the bits that suited my install and chucked the rest.

I added the mounting plate, an extra outlet and a remote control unit for my order.

I ended up purchasing some outlet ducting locally as I didn't have enough for the twin outlets.

Reactions: alexvk2

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Pickups depend on the fuel tank you get, some have a feed at the bottom which you just push hose onto others feed from the top, you can jet get a long pick up and a small fuel can, plastic and cut the pick up to suit and feed it in the lid....But hard mount fuel tanks and the other stuff I would just buy on ebay, same gear and cheaper postage if any postage.

Reactions: alexvk2

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Pickups depend on the fuel tank you get, some have a feed at the bottom which you just push hose onto others feed from the top, you can jet get a long pick up and a small fuel can, plastic and cut the pick up to suit and feed it in the lid....But hard mount fuel tanks and the other stuff I would just buy on ebay, same gear and cheaper postage if any postage.
Yep agree with getting the tank locally.

I used an outboard motor tank from BCF for $29

Reactions: alexvk2 and Drover

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
My Eberspacher kit came with a number of different sized fuel lines, I just picked the bits that suited my install and chucked the rest.

I added the mounting plate, an extra outlet and a remote control unit for my order.

I ended up purchasing some outlet ducting locally as I didn't have enough for the twin outlets.
How important or useful have you found the remote control?

alexvk2

Nov 30, 2016
Sydney
Would fitting a steel or alloy flat plate over a 100mm D cutout work as a mounting plate? -- ie would the collar be vital to protect the plywood cutout from radiant heat?