Cruza Drivers 2012 BT50 GT

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Surprisingly they are the same size in the back as the Cruiser which was a big factor in our decision. I was amazed at the size compared to the older dual cab we had before the Cruiser.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
They are a big car, we love ours. What does the the GT have that the XTR doesn't. I just cannot remember as I was never looking at them at the time. I love the ARB tubliner, Canopy and Roof racks we optioned, great for going away. They are such a good family car, you can see why Commodore and Falcon are struggling. Well done on the purchase and you don't have to wait long so thats a bonus.

Cheers Geoff

Reactions: cruza driver

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
What does the the GT have that the XTR doesn't. I just cannot remember as I was never looking at them at the time.

Cheers Geoff

Not to hijack Cruzas thread, but the GT gets auto wipers and headlights, leather, power drivers seat and an auto dimming rear vision mirror. I'm pretty sure they are the only differences.

Cheers
Shane

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Never a dull moment in cruza driver’s neck of the town, congrats on your procurement.
HAHA thanks mate

They are a big car, we love ours. What does the the GT have that the XTR doesn't. I just cannot remember as I was never looking at them at the time. I love the ARB tubliner, Canopy and Roof racks we optioned, great for going away. They are such a good family car, you can see why Commodore and Falcon are struggling. Well done on the purchase and you don't have to wait long so thats a bonus.

Cheers Geoff
Millsy has just bet me to it and he was spot on with the differences and thanks Geoff I'll post some pics up when we get it :thumb:

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
I miss the auto headlights, my Bombadoore Ute has them and they are great, have not touched the headlight switch in 18 months. The other thing we miss is the outside temp' funtion. For some reason the kids like to know what the temp' is outside.

Geoff

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
I miss the auto headlights, my Bombadoore Ute has them and they are great, have not touched the headlight switch in 18 months.

Geoff

I may stand corrected here Geoff but I think I have heard of people optioning the auto headlights on the XT? Might be worth asking your dealer about it, it is a handy feature.

Cheers
Shane

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
nice CD, out of interest, did you look at the Amarok and what put you off it? We're thinking of a weekend tradie option next year

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
nice CD, out of interest, did you look at the Amarok and what put you off it? We're thinking of a weekend tradie option next year

I guess to answer your question I didn't look at the Amaroks so nothing put us off them as such. Nothing against the Amaroks but I like the 3.2lt 5cyl diesel engine in the BT and the power fiqures it delivers with 470nm and 146kw and I'm a bit old school school when it comes to cubic capacity. :smile:

Plus I wanted a manual transmission too.

I also like the modern shape of the BT's and the price of the BT suited our budget.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Thanks AJC with the mods I have planned I will be right after doing some research before making our decision.The manual GT has a payload of 1105kg so all should be good, including taking axle weights into consideration.

Cheers Cruza

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Geez the payload is nice and high what is the tow capacity 3 or 3.5T and ball weight?

And does it do the same thing like Nissans where the payload / tow capacity changes based on different factors like ball weight and or payload?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
The payload is good your right although I don't think I will need it all :smile: but its good do know if requiered if on a tip run :nod:

All the 4x4 models have a towing capacity of 3,350kg and a ball weight of 335kg so I guess the 10% rule applies on the BT's :smokin:

As far as I can tell it doesn't change in regards to ball weigh tbut I stand to be corrected as I quoted it straight out of the brouchere which doesn't specify any conditions except that you follow your states regulations.

With what I will ask of the BT with our Expanda I will fall well under that which is a good piece of mind.

I can't wait to get it :car: I hope the diesel shortage in Vic is over by the time I get it :rolleyes:

Millsy

Nov 29, 2012
Melbourne
Will you have it before Xmas mate? Would be a nice Xmas present!

What are you currently thinking of in terms of mods?

Cheers
Shane

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Fingers crossed I will Millsy but it did get put back a week but so did all BT's in my run. Your right it would be a good xmas present. I actually ringing the dealer tomorrow to see how its going :thumb:

Mods will be bullbar, suspension, tyres etc it will be never ending though :D