BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Mine have been leaking for a while, they looked like this. (The red one, not the $200ea yellow ones. ;) )
View attachment 66536

You could just crack the lower mount and you soon know if theyre cooked without needing to completely remove them. Have a good breaky, i think King Kong Bundy did my mounts up
What brand were the yellow ones.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I cleaned the Pedders web retention straps, and used them on the Dobinsons with 8mm cable ties in place of metal rings. The Pathfinder has a GVM close enough to 3t, so close enough to 1.5t over the rear axle ... so a pretty damn close match for the 3t dual axle van.

View attachment 66543

View attachment 66544
Thanks if mine need replacing I will get the same as you

Reactions: Crusty181

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
From Dobinson themselves, they have a depot in Dandenong
i live in the west of outer melbourne i would need a cut lunch and cordial to go to Dandenong .
are these the same ones ?

Rear Dobinsons Heavy Duty Twin Tube Shock Absorbers for Nissan Pathfinder R51​

Condition:
Brand New

Compatibility:
See compatible vehicles

Quantity:
10 available

Price:
AU $297.65

List Price Was:AU $357.18Save AU $59.53 (16% off)
or 4 payments of AU $74.41 with Afterpay

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
i live in the west of outer melbourne i would need a cut lunch and cordial to go to Dandenong .
are these the same ones ?

Rear Dobinsons Heavy Duty Twin Tube Shock Absorbers for Nissan Pathfinder R51​

Condition:
Brand New

Compatibility:
See compatible vehicles

Quantity:
10 available

Price:
AU $297.65

List Price Was:AU $357.18Save AU $59.53 (16% off)
or 4 payments of AU $74.41 with Afterpay
Ive requested Dobinson open up out west, they said too far away

Is that $296 price each???? Ouch. My part number is different to those. Mine were $182 each direct (they deliver for $25)

Screenshot_20210331-213225_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Troopys brought onboard to save the entire world. The big gun are out, the flogs have finally admitted defeat, now we'll see some progress

Personally, im too emotional to speak. Could someone else make the relevant thankyou speech

Screenshot_20210403-211245_Messenger.jpg

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Troopys brought onboard to save the entire world. The big gun are out, the flogs have finally admitted defeat, now we'll see some progress

Personally, im too emotional to speak. Could someone else make the relevant thankyou speech
Not bad @Crusty181 but did you happen to notice the date on that release? :boink:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Bit of play time recently, whilst avoiding comittment and obligation

When the factory's congested with too much going on and space is at a premium it can be a bit tight to use the car to maneuver the van inside.

On those ocassions I have an Alko Power Mover I can occasionally use to get the van tucked away, but over time and with the mover levering the 3.2t tandem behemoth via the single jockey clamp around tight corners, Ive trashed both the mover and the factory clamp. Its a little hard to give much of a crap when i get home from anywhere.

I decided to make a bolt on twin jockey clamp, and rebuild the mover before one completely fails. Ive left the original in place and ill continue to use it out camping, and Ive added the new one to the other side just for the mover. (The only casualty was the Expandas Downunder sticker)

20210407_151634-resized-1600.jpg

(Anyone else mounted their gas bottle under rhe ball hitch?? Seems to work)
20210407_161600-resized-1600.jpg

In other news we now have a factory roof mounted winch and storage system for the RTT and boat loader, a little reminiscent of Thunderbird 2 in selecting the right pod dependant on the next job.

20210305_163704-resized-1600.jpg

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Bit of play time recently, whilst avoiding comittment and obligation

When the factory's congested with too much going on and space is at a premium it can be a bit tight to use the car to maneuver the van inside.

On those ocassions I have an Alko Power Mover I can occasionally use to get the van tucked away, but over time and with the mover levering the 3.2t tandem behemoth via the single jockey clamp around tight corners, Ive trashed both the mover and the factory clamp. Its a little hard to give much of a crap when i get home from anywhere.

I decided to make a bolt on twin jockey clamp, and rebuild the mover before one completely fails. Ive left the original in place and ill continue to use it out camping, and Ive added the new one to the other side just for the mover. (The only casualty was the Expandas Downunder sticker)

View attachment 66680

(Anyone else mounted their gas bottle under rhe ball hitch?? Seems to work)
View attachment 66679

In other news we now have a factory roof mounted winch and storage system for the RTT and boat loader, a little reminiscent of Thunderbird 2 in selecting the right pod dependant on the next job.

View attachment 66681
I think looking at the 4 pulleys and rope it’s closer to Sputnik 1
The gas bottle under the hitch is world leading though

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I think looking at the 4 pulleys and rope it’s closer to Sputnik 1
The gas bottle under the hitch is world leading though
That photo is Sputnik 1. Youll love Sputnik 2, Sputnik 1's double pulleys kept twisting and yesterday replaced with singles, along with another 6 pulleys added (because it seems i love pulleys, who would have guessed)

Electric winch added at some point.

You should put your gas bottle under the hitch, get in before i Franchise it

• Haha
Reactions: mfexpanda

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
That photo is Sputnik 1. Youll love Sputnik 2, Sputnik 1's double pulleys kept twisting and yesterday replaced with singles, along with another 6 pulleys added (because it seems i love pulleys, who would have guessed)

Electric winch added at some point.

You should put your gas bottle under the hitch, get in before i Franchise it
you my friend @Crusty181 are a world ahead of your time :D ;)

• Love
Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Is there a point im missing having an offset axle on a tractor jockey wheel. Im in trouble if there is because i chopped mine up, serviced it and put it back together straight. Offset, it places stupid and un-necessary angular pressure on every component. Steering it was an absolute b&%$h, and ive shagged every part of it including the original chassis clamp

PhotoGrid_1618639657896.jpg

Ive ordered 2 x 680kg positioning jacks to eliminate the twisting issues made by tight manoeuvring a dual axle, i only need to lift the rear tyres off the floor 5mm and it should float about like a single axle on the front wheels

images.jpeg-10.jpg

Reactions: skippy