Chartrock's Mazda BT50

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
She was the one who convinced me to sell the Navara while it was still a good truck and get a more powerful one to pull the van. I have no regrets. :behindsofa:

On the wife or the BT I imagine. Sounds like a good egg that one.

And we've become very similar minded @chartrock. We've always used the good crystal glasses we got as wedding presents, the nice plates and the like. What's the point in saving them for special occasions? We've all seen enough tragedy I'm sure to know that each day is a special occasion and you should enjoy it as much as you can.

I just don't let the Mother in Law get near the good stuff... she's as clumsy as all hell.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
@Drover, there are too many things that could go wrong in life to not enjoy the thing you want to do. My wife has a sign on the fridge, "There's now and there's too late." She was the one who convinced me to sell the Navara while it was still a good truck and get a more powerful one to pull the van. I have no regrets. :behindsofa:

Does she take students?
No have to be honest my wife is a bit the same. Hates procrastinators and always says just do it!
Will be honest I will print that quote up and put up at home here!

BJ.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Not on the bar until there's a photo!:)
Finally, here is the proof. DSC_8882.JPG DSC_8883.JPG DSC_8884.JPG

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
A simple question probably, does the quality/type/length of the aerial have an effect on the range of the two way radio? I have the standard Mazda fitted radio and was wandering if I bought a different aerial, would it improve the range? Currently it is line of site upto 5-8km on a clear day.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
A simple question probably, does the quality/type/length of the aerial have an effect on the range of the two way radio? I have the standard Mazda fitted radio and was wandering if I bought a different aerial, would it improve the range? Currently it is line of site upto 5-8km on a clear day.
This link will help.
The short answer is yes. Quality, length and type all contribute to how the aerials operates. As well as where you mount it and the height.

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Can't really help you Marv, I am no guru on antennas except that as. @twscoot said, type and position will have a bearing on reception. I have not really tested mine in the wild but will give it a go over the next few weeks. But I think 5-8 km is not bad reception.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Are you talking UHF or AM/FM music type radio?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
It's been on hell of a fortnight. Two weeks back I decided to remove my ute tub liner and install some drawers. Removed the liner (it is for sale in the sale thread) and ordered the drawer runners and locks from IRS. They were to be delivered from Brisbane to the Gold Coast by courier by between Thursday and Monday. Bought all the aluminium, ply and carpet covering and started to assemble frame but could not build drawers without the runners (needed the exact sizes to ensure fit).

They had not arrived by Monday so a phone call to IRS told me they had only arrived in on Friday (Why was I not told?) but they would be despatched that day, Monday,and I would have them Tuesday.

Never happened so Wednesday, another phone call to be told the parts had left Monday so they would get on to courier (Star Track) and get back to me. Two hours later still nothing so another call and told courier had not got back to them. I asked for tracking number and rang Star Track as well as looked up tracking on web.

I found the parcels had been logged into our local branch at 8:32 am Tuesday but they did not know where they were currently. Another call two hours later and I was promised the parts would be delivered before midday Thursday. Again, didn't happen. Someone switched trucks and they finally arrived 3:00 pm Thursday and I had hoped to finish the drawers by Friday. I gave up in disgust and put it all aside until I am in a better frame of mind after a week in Brunswick Heads.

That's my rant for this week. >:(

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well justified rant..............I'm still waiting for my awning to be delivered to Yarrawonga might just get it sent to home and bugger sorting it out on the road.................need pics of the effort when you get it sorted remember.

Reactions: Marv_mart

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
I'm waiting on a towbar for the second car after breaking the back of the first car (three weeks ago) and it was picked up 6 days ago....not in transit yet by the tracking number.....I tracked it down to 200km away...

I think a few couriers are telling fibs about where they have depots to get business, and are then subcontracting, and then everything ends up a mess cause the tracking goes up in smoke....

Spose I'm old fashioned, if its gunna take 5 days to get here tell me 7 instead of 3.. That way I'm going to be happy as a client if it gets here in 6...

Off on a tangent......It's quiet surprising how quickly eBay items get delivered after initial stuff ups... It may take 3 weeks after the original order due to shipping .and then a replacement after a complaint will arrive three days after an email.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
It's been on hell of a fortnight. Two weeks back I decided to remove my ute tub liner and install some drawers. Removed the liner (it is for sale in the sale thread) and ordered the drawer runners and locks from IRS. They were to be delivered from Brisbane to the Gold Coast by courier by between Thursday and Monday. Bought all the aluminium, ply and carpet covering and started to assemble frame but could not build drawers without the runners (needed the exact sizes to ensure fit).

Fortunately have never experienced delays like this yet (touch wood)
Love to see your drawer build. Seems like it would have been quicker to go get them personally!

Pics please when you finally get to building them.
Marv, fellow BeasT owner!

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Fortunately have never experienced delays like this yet (touch wood)
You are so lucky then, but as you live in Adelaide you haven't got all the luck.
I'd have to start a Topic of its own to list freight issues up here over the decades. But it's still better than living in SA.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
What, me? Get sucked in by meaningless taunts? Nah!
I know what it's really like living in the nicest state in Aus, SA of course. He, He!
Don't want to take over another BeasT owners thread.