Chartrock's Mazda BT50

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Looks good @chartrock, the bar certainly is impressive.

At this stage, no. I am trying it on the guard to see if operates any better using the bonnet as a ground plane. There is an aerial mount on the bullbar with a cutout to slip the wire through so if there is no difference then I probably will shift it.

You will probably find no difference as those type of antennas are ground independent and being on the guard, the weight of the antenna will cause flex in the bracket scratching the bonnet and guard.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Looks good @chartrock, the bar certainly is impressive.

You will probably find no difference as those type of antennas are ground independent and being on the guard, the weight of the antenna will cause flex in the bracket scratching the bonnet and guard.
Thanks for that Cracka, I am in unknown waters with radios and antennas so I will heed your advice and shift it to the bar.
Looks schmicko @chartrock just needs @Moto Moto's muddies on there now;)!
Thanks Matt but putting muddies on would suggest going out and getting it dirty. :eek-53: :fear: :scared: :bounce:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
It is a good looking bar, they usually look like Dame Edna's glasses on BT50's, I thought that black stick was a phone aerial not a UHF radio job, either way I would put it on the bar as those bonnet brackets are really for smaller whip aerials and tend to bend........I just use a small stainless whip with a pig tail 7db gain, found it to be a good performer and nobody tries to knock it off.

Reactions: chartrock

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Looking sharp with the canopy there @chartrock as for the bar:( nup sorry to say I've never been a fan of the ECB bars on any vehicle. some of them they don't remove the factory bumper, they just mount in front of it, doesn't appear to be the case with yours though

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Looking sharp with the canopy there @chartrock as for the bar:( nup sorry to say I've never been a fan of the ECB bars on any vehicle. some of them they don't remove the factory bumper, they just mount in front of it, doesn't appear to be the case with yours though
Definitely cut the lower part of the plastic bumper away. Very happy with the bar.
Not on the bar until there's a photo!:)
Tomorrow. :p

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Hey @chartrock loving the new look, its a great looking touring rig. We have a silver one at work too, they really look smart and it doesn't show the dirt like all our other ones (white and my blue one).

How are you finding it now you have had it a few weeks?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Can we get a lock on this thread,,,???????............It keeps reminding me that I would like one. No WANT one and I can't.

Reactions: dagree

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
How are you finding it now you have had it a few weeks?
Mate, I have hardly used it. I am currently fitting the 2nd battery and the extra wiring for the van fridge and battery charge plus changing the ESC wiring. I have also moved the battery in the van from under the bed to over the wheels to reduce my ball weight. So the truck is sitting in the garage most of time. Ask me at the end of May after our meet at Airlie Beach. :p
Can we get a lock on this thread,,,???????............It keeps reminding me that I would like one. No WANT one and I can't.
@Drover, there are too many things that could go wrong in life to not enjoy the thing you want to do. My wife has a sign on the fridge, "There's now and there's too late." She was the one who convinced me to sell the Navara while it was still a good truck and get a more powerful one to pull the van. I have no regrets. :behindsofa:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep, yep live along those lines myself.................sort of mandatory I think with jobs that tomorrow may not happen.
Get out and enjoy your new toy, I know you will, thankfully the Jeeperific is in top form.