Chartrock's Mazda BT50

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I figured it is about time I put up a post about my new BT50.

I picked it up on the last day of February, a shiny new Silver XTR. Extras extracted from the dealer were Tow bar and wiring, Red Ark Tow Pro installed, Tub liner, mud mats, bonnet and headlight protectors and a full tank of diesel.

Extras to come are bull bar and canopy. Here she is in her current state.
DSC_8777.JPG

I will follow up with more pics as she gets her makeover.

So far only 700 Km on it and I haven't yet used all the fuel supplied with the vehicle by the dealer so I cannot give an accurate fuel usage but it is appearing around 10 L/ 100. It will have to go in for its 1st service in a week or so.

More to follow.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I figured it is about time I put up a post about my new BT50.

I picked it up on the last day of February, a shiny new Silver XTR. Extras extracted from the dealer were Tow bar and wiring, Red Ark Tow Pro installed, Tub liner, mud mats, bonnet and headlight protectors and a full tank of diesel.

Extras to come are bull bar and canopy. Here she is in her current state.View attachment 30914
I will follow up with more pics as she gets her makeover.

So far only 700 Km on it and I haven't yet used all the fuel supplied with the vehicle by the dealer so I cannot give an accurate fuel usage but it is appearing around 10 L/ 100. It will have to go in for its 1st service in a week or so.

More to follow.
Great choice of Tug. Welcome to the BeasT club!!!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I could have put some K's on it for you running down to Melb for a funeral, no van though si I woudn't have been able to tow test it.

Reactions: chartrock

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Did you get a tub liner for your new BeasT? Would be a good idea IMHO, is well worth it.
What extras did you have put on?
Rear tub 12V outlets, Tub second battery?
Looking very good ATM! Well done, will look very sleek towing your van.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Thanks for all the replies
Great choice of Tug. Welcome to the BeasT club!!!
I guess it must be a really exclusive club. :D
Looking good Paul....
Thanks Bill, look forward to showing it off sometime.
I could have put some K's on it for you running down to Melb for a funeral, no van though si I woudn't have been able to tow test it.
That would have meant getting its 1st service in Sydney. Not a happening thing. :boink:
Did you get a tub liner for your new BeasT? Would be a good idea IMHO, is well worth it.
What extras did you have put on?
Rear tub 12V outlets, Tub second battery?
Looking very good ATM! Well done, will look very sleek towing your van.
Yeah Marv they threw in a tub liner, paid some for it but the 2nd battery etc will come after the canopy.8-)
Very nice, I really liked the silver colour, but was convinced by the bank manager to go with the gunmetal blue.
What would the bank manager have to do with the colour choice, is he going to use it on weekends? :o

Reactions: Billrw136
Feb 19, 2015
Adelaide
www.erms.com.au
If i had my time again I certainly would not have got the Flexiglass Flexisport canopy, now that I want roof racks etc. for a tinny- never researched the canopy roof capacity enough b4 purchasing - just wanted central locking! Now that I have installed some drawers, I am madly saving for dual battery system.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Looks great @chartrock. What made you choose the hammertone?
Mrs CR. :brick: Not true.:hail: I had an alloy on the Navara and could not keep it well polished and did not think it looked real good and I did not want the weight of a steel bar. Colour matching to the car I figured would chip as much as the car itself s that was ruled out. Plain black would also chip but the hammertone has a rippled surface and will not show chips. So there were three choices of hammertone colour, black, silver or grey. The grey won out.