ACT Canberra - Canberra Park review.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

Info: Canberra Park is a modern new complex located behind the EpiC showgrounds.... provides concrete sites with grass surrounds.

Pets: Yes but on lead, seek advise when booking.

Pool: In town.

Cabins: No.

WiFi: Yes, free.

Mobile/TV: Alll telco's and full FTA TV.

Facitities: Excellant showers and toilets, 24hr access to laundry with dryers, $4 each but card swipe system..... Camp kitchen that is like a cafe with indoor or outdoor seating and full kitchen, drive thru sites or reverse in for smaller vans, grass sites all with power and drainage, dump point and concrete parking spots with lawn surrounds....

Contact: www.canberrapark.com.au view on WiKi Camps or ring 02-61301000
-
Comments: At present (Nov20) the deals are very good with stay 7 pay 5 and other deals which make it affordable compared to the 2 other locations in ACT... certainly the best .........once the trees get going it will certainly be one of the best in the country I think............. If the deals stay as good it will be my stop in ACT as only a few dollars more than the showground....

I will add pics of the kitchen when it srops raining...

20201105_125443.jpg
View of Camp Kitchen...

20201105_125423_Burst01.jpg

20201105_125458_Burst01.jpg20201105_193033.jpg

20201105_193025_Burst01.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The 7 for 5 was $277........ But its base rate is $55/nt........

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Spent some time in the Camp Kitchen here and it would be the best around, they supply milk, coffee, breakfast cereal plus all cutlery, cups, plates etc .
There are also 3 commercial size ovens to go with the 3 x 4 burner gas hobs, along with a full set of pots ,pans including 2 pots big enough to cook up a big feed of prawns, enough room for 40 people inside and out possibly more...... This place is certainly setting a bench mark and once the tree's and shrubs get going will be very nice, it also has large grassy areas for the kids to run ragged or play some footy.......................... Taking 3 weeks to get here camping off grid and the same to get back home may ease the wallet pain as I think this may be the got to place when we visit Canberra again, I won't have a say actually.
Easy access to a fast run to the Tuggernong Valley or Airport/Fyshwick/Queanbeyan is also a bonus.

KECL

Aug 16, 2016
Secret Harbour WA
Excellent Cam,p Kitchen better than my home. We lived in Canberra a couple of times with Navy postings. Worth visiting Cockington Green miniture village if you haven't already put that on your agenda.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Lived here on Raafie postings and been visiting the kids here for about 15 yrs so done all the sites but they get a revisit every so often. Some are a bit difficult with the Covid restrictions and the parking fees are horrendous....

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Occassionally used to watch, from the civil side, them learning to autorotate the Hueys', sometimes scary!

Certainly was close up at times, they would come in hard and fast and slide across the grass, I once had to take the crane out and lift one when it levelled out too late and stuck the tail in the soft ground for a perfect 3 pointer, held it up while groundies dug the tail out with shovels, I had to stop it from slamming into the ground when the tail came out, skids didn't even touch but it was close............ Had to fast lift at just the right moment, too late and bang, too early and bend, precision operator I told them but I knew it was just RC.
One got bogged in the mud and we had to do the same thing, then get a long wire and big tow motor to tow the crane out.

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Agree Bargara CPk toilets were a mess in more ways than one when we were there 2 months agree.No covid rules of any note.Came to a head when sitting in the loo and a dogs tail came under the gap.!utter shambles with too many dogs in the park.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey Ian I would love to know if that flash ACT park has COVID friendy toilets unlike the dreadful example at Bargara Beach Caravan Park?
We were in nsw btw lockdowns, their covid safe rules left every second site vacant ... but the same pattern in every row so no-one next door but a camp directly behind everyone there. Covid apparently prefers sideways infection over back to front infection

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
ACT hasn't had any Covid for ages, the loo's here are like the rest of the place, very flash, soap, hot water, dryers, no dogs......... the prices of this place keeps the riff raff out.................... the EpiC on the other hand looks like a Refo camp, so glad we came to this place............... The Covid routine here in the ACT is a bit hit and miss though, some places I have to register others its just wander in but all have the squirty hand station, nice to see folk are being sensible and keeping at arms length................. I owuld take a pic @DRW but fear pulling out my phone in a dunny may be construed as something sinister....... suffice to say its nice and the paper is truly quality......

Reactions: Disco Duck

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I’m more concerned with the disgusting pull cord on the urinals then the manual taps and two hands required to pull the door open. Like correct me if I’m wrong but Big4 pricing and being in the 21st century surely auto flushing and sensor taps are available not to mention the bloody exit door?? China public toilets had this in the early 90’s even in places dogs and cats were on the menu !!

Reactions: BJM and Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I’m more concerned with the disgusting pull cord on the urinals then the manual taps and two hands required to pull the door open. Like correct me if I’m wrong but Big4 pricing and being in the 21st century surely auto flushing and sensor taps are available not to mention the bloody exit door?? China public toilets had this in the early 90’s even in places dogs and cats were on the menu !!
I think China might be aiming in the wrong direction, we're here because of the undercooked pet not the toilet pulled cord :boink:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
This should be on the Bargara report really......if there is one but no pull cords here.....