Bushies Shak 5 arrived

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
As a few knew we've been empty nesters for a while now and we moved "The Shak" on to a family in far North Queensland
Our new shack arrived in time for the long weekend.
Vacationer Roadtracker 19'6R
Full rear ensuite
Dual Batteries
Dual Solar
Compressor Fridge
Instantaneous gas hot water
Grey water
2x 95 litre water
DO35 hitch
20200531_152047.jpg
20200531_152120.jpg

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Thats a premium gold plated 5 star caravan park site, except Ive never seen one that impressive in an actual caravan park and the annex grass looks like carpet .... but Im a little nervous about the cliff at the front

Oh, and very nice looking van

Reactions: DRW and Bushman

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Looks the good, how does the MUX go towing that? Park site looks nice, is that the Big4 down near the creek

You could be forgiven for thinking it's an MUX, its a Holden Trailblazer, had it a year now still stock.
Does handle the van well though a tad soft in the rear, we probably need a spring job or air bags, the vans ball weight is currently a bit low causing some issue but we'll get it sorted.
Cowra van Park is on the Lachlan River excellent park owned buy council, Not a Big4

rags

You could be forgiven for thinking it's an MUX, its a Holden Trailblazer, had it a year now still stock.
Does handle the van well though a tad soft in the rear, we probably need a spring job or air bags, the vans ball weight is currently a bit low causing some issue but we'll get it sorted.
Cowra van Park is on the Lachlan River excellent park owned buy council, Not a Big4

That would be the Park I was thinking of, have stayed there a few times but not for at least 6 years.Funny the things you remember, but chatting to wife and we reflect on the fact that we use to pick kids up from school at Bilpin and could make Cowra by night fall, the kids could get a feed of KFC ( rare treat) and there was a Target Country that was open late for the wife to find a new something or rather.
Don’t know why I though it was a Big 4.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
That would be the Park I was thinking of, have stayed there a few times but not for at least 6 years.Funny the things you remember, but chatting to wife and we reflect on the fact that we use to pick kids up from school at Bilpin and could make Cowra by night fall, the kids could get a feed of KFC ( rare treat) and there was a Target Country that was open late for the wife to find a new something or rather.
Don’t know why I though it was a Big 4.

Thats why we like it, only 3 to 3.5hrs from home, well maintained, pet friendly plenty of places to walk the dog reasonably priced that doesn't go up in peaked times.
It had a change of management recently, the previous management relocated after 6 yrs , took up a position in Tuncurry to be closer to ageing parents.
Oh Target is still there for now,

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My wdh insert pin hole only gets halfway over the the corresponding hole in the cars receiver ... bloody expensive Kaymar rear bar, you'd expect a better result. Have to convince a local engineer (or my easily lead brother in law) to bore a new hole in it

20200626_150102.jpg

PS pretty impressive length on the plough too !!!

Reactions: WHHEMI and Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Awning saver fitted, protects from the elements when not in use, can travel with it on
View attachment 65532
$hit that reminds me i didnt dry the awning after our last trip, and i need to it out so i dont end up growing bread inside it. Bit of challenge for me now, we're lockdown curfew, with a 5km limit and snipers in the trees. The van is 10km at the factory and i drive a pimped Troopy with a roof top tent ... is there a better combo for looking like im making break for a riverside camp. Plus Eve Black was in Troopy

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Diesel heater installed today along with a Savy Level, turned out not to be a straight forward install with nowhere under bed due to tanks under the floor in the way and other various bits and pieces.
So with some modifications to the drawer under the rear dinette seat, job done, very happy with the install, and still have use of the drawer for
small stuff.
20201020_150402.jpg20201020_183231.jpg20201020_183103.jpg20201020_150335.jpg

Last edited: