Boating and fishing

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Listen here @Crusty181 you asked a question, I answered the question with pictures so you know bait caster can catch proper fish not just bait fish like your normal catch!!! Your brother two Toyotas (@Bluey) is the main problem he never mentioned bait casters and shows off with a fish someone elses caught and you have a go at me, maybe I need a couple of Toyota's and a few sets of spare wheels and tires and move to Melbourne to be part of this "in" crowd. Never mind I need to open another ISO wine now anyway

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Damn @coys 53 , always thought you were a top bloke know I know its true born around this time, hope its a good one..............

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Listen here @Crusty181 you asked a question, I answered the question with pictures so you know bait caster can catch proper fish not just bait fish like your normal catch!!! Your brother two Toyotas (@Bluey) is the main problem he never mentioned bait casters and shows off with a fish someone elses caught and you have a go at me, maybe I need a couple of Toyota's and a few sets of spare wheels and tires and move to Melbourne to be part of this "in" crowd. Never mind I need to open another ISO wine now anyway

Be Gentle Dave, he's in lockdown, Victorians can't go fishing, putting the garbage out could see them fined and the Crustycon has camped in his backyard all Easter and had to have clothes on or he would have been tasered or shot, probably be packed up and ready to immigrate up here soon as the gate opens.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Im no Dr, but these come highly recommended ;)

download.jpeg-1.jpg

Reactions: Drover and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My Bo-At now has a 27mhz marine radio fitted, after fitting these things for some 45 years things haven't changed its still a mongrel job I reckon but its all sorted and working, when I was tootling around at the back of Fraser the other week I thought I should get one as a phone just doesn't cut it, especially as my new phone isn't waterproof like the old jigger..... Logging on to the Coast Guard is okay online but yelling for Help is difficult, hence the radio which I don't ever want to be required to use.................. No need for a VHF as I have no intention going outside the confines of the Great Sandy Straight in fact Tinnanbah is far enough...

..20200416_130416.jpg

Reactions: Bluey

DRW

May 29, 2013
I scored a VHF from the old employer (along with a rocket launcher, 2 kayaks 2 new seats 2 LED nav lights a bimini top and a new trailer and several fishing rods and lures) I actually put a UHF in the Jeep before last trip as well, it took my 5 years to wire up the light bar and 8 years to fit the UHF lol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That sounds similar to my Redundancy Package from an employer I once had ?????
I have the UHF from the Ute sitting in the shed, I doubt it will get fitted into the Jeep though just too much stuffing around, it a full size may wait till I get given a little one which I can just silastic under the seat, actually a walkie talkie with blutooth to the stereo would be better.

DRW

May 29, 2013
I put one of these in mounted the bracket onto the lid of the battery box very neat and easy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 2.04.11 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 2.04.11 pm.png
    308.2 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ive fitted a few of those, big dob of no more gaps sticks it to tge carpet under the seat and double sided for the mike bracket, trying to get SiL to buy another one for his business as a spare, Ill look after it of course.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My Bo-At now has a 27mhz marine radio fitted, after fitting these things for some 45 years things haven't changed its still a mongrel job I reckon but its all sorted and working, when I was tootling around at the back of Fraser the other week I thought I should get one as a phone just doesn't cut it, especially as my new phone isn't waterproof like the old jigger..... Logging on to the Coast Guard is okay online but yelling for Help is difficult, hence the radio which I don't ever want to be required to use.................. No need for a VHF as I have no intention going outside the confines of the Great Sandy Straight in fact Tinnanbah is far enough...

..View attachment 64936
27Mhz has now been side stepped in regards to safety. Its hit miss someone will hear you blowing bubbles. Ships and commercial vessels apparently no longer have it at all, and many of the coastal services dont either apparently. Some still monitor it for the old dinosaurs. I bought a small water proof hand held VHF. You are suppose to have a licence but in the fine print that's only to use it, having it isnt an issue. If I go under a hard mounted unit is useless anyway, and my handheld is in the "pop to the top bucket" along with my phone, car keys, empty wallet and last will and testament. If I start sucking in the surrounding sea water I'll be on the VHF and be worrying about the fine later.

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
27Mhz has now been side stepped in regards to safety. Its hit miss someone will hear you blowing bubbles. Ships and commercial vessels apparently no longer have it at all, and many of the coastal services dont either apparently. Some still monitor it for the old dinosaurs. I bought a small water proof hand held VHF. You are suppose to have a licence but in the fine print that's only to use it, having it isnt an issue. If I go under a hard mounted unit is useless anyway, and my handheld is in the "pop to the top bucket" along with my phone, car keys, empty wallet and last will and testament. If I start sucking in the surrounding sea water I'll be on the VHF and be worrying about the fine later.

Probably not so many listen out on 121.5 any more though you could use it to communicate with a search airplane or ship after you have been located, position wise.
The best thing for that is a 406MHz PLB/EPIRB/ELT

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well we know how well Victoria handles things but in my area 27mhz is monitored and I know I am in the coverage area, we have one (1) coast guard unit, if I was wandering further then I would go VHF and an Epirb......rest assured after 40 odd years playing with this stuff I know its capability and its better than a handheld. Besides after many years floating well away from land I like to keep it within sight and a short paddle...

Reactions: Crusty181