Any one got the 12 volt tv in there Panda? Thoughts

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hi,
kogan tv's are good value and have low power consumption. I bought a 24 inch led tv with built in DVD player for $149 delivered. Can't argue with that price. Great picture.
cheers
nick
I agree, we have one and its great. Some of the Kogan stuff has me tempted. Once you buy something, you keep getting their emails and a lot of their stuff is branded like Apple and Samsung. They do their own smart phone as an example for $150.

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
I brought tv from kogan you can buy a 12 volt lead separate I use tv in kids bedroom and put in van when I travel,i copy all my movies on hard drive which kogan has usb for hard drives as well and play all movies this way saves taking cd with us tv has built in dvd player as well great value

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
I brought tv from kogan you can buy a 12 volt lead separate I use tv in kids bedroom and put in van when I travel,i copy all my movies on hard drive which kogan has usb for hard drives as well and play all movies this way saves taking cd with us tv has built in dvd player as well great value
Ours is a Kogan too, 22", got the 12V lead from Kogan as well, we ended up getting the Pioneer Radio/CD/DVD/iPod/USB unit in the van, works a treat.

Dave

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale

Clayton

Jun 16, 2013
We bought the Braun tv from aldi, 12v and real nice quality. We went this way because our SAT KING VAST set is 12v

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
What format do you record in on your hard drives. I can record on my computer running windows 7 with media centre, it records in wtv, but not many things want to play it. I would like to know an easy way.
Cheers Geoff

Kenty

Apr 9, 2013
Wanneroo WA
Was at hardly normal today speaking to the sales rep about TV for the van. I was looking at a couple of options with combo (DVD/TV) and he said the big issue is that the DVD will fail (and they usually do) and when that happens with most cheaper type units you cant use your tv Because they are fully integrated. He suggested if you we're looking at a combo go for the teac as they are a separate unit and can be replaced/or you can still use your tv. Don't western ether this was a sales pitch or not. Needless to say I went with a Samsung led and will have movies saved onto my external hard drive.

Danniel

Mar 6, 2013
Jayco fitted the 22" sphere and aerial for nix. very happy. although its still at the rv centre. and haven't seen it yet.

shadow75

Aug 25, 2011
Sale, Victoria, Australia
Hey guys, for those that have the Kogan TV's, there was an updated firmware a few months back which increased the amount of file types and formats / codes it could play off the USB. I was using a WD LIVE TV with it to play them, but now it's not needed.. :)

Cheers,

Glenn

shadow75

Aug 25, 2011
Sale, Victoria, Australia
G'day Nick,
I sent a request through Kogan's online support, with make and model - explaining it wasn't playing many types of files / codecs, and they replied with a link to updated firmware and instructions on how to.
The link is not associated with their website, hence asking them for the exact tv model will be the easiest solution.
Certainly worked well for me :)

Cheers,

Glenn

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Was at hardly normal today speaking to the sales rep about TV for the van. I was looking at a couple of options with combo (DVD/TV) and he said the big issue is that the DVD will fail (and they usually do) and when that happens with most cheaper type units you cant use your tv Because they are fully integrated. He suggested if you we're looking at a combo go for the teac as they are a separate unit and can be replaced/or you can still use your tv. Don't western ether this was a sales pitch or not. Needless to say I went with a Samsung led and will have movies saved onto my external hard drive.

Agree, although if its a disc read error which if it were to fail it probably would be, then the TV would still work. But for the cost of the Kogan, if it failed I would not even bother trying to fix it. I looked at Samsungs, but could not find any series 6 models at the size which would suit me. I agree with the combo dvd/tv problem regarding failure, the problem being that the inbuilt dvd was not much more and the convenience of it being 12v helped. One less thing I need an inverter for. I have a lot of Samsung gear at home, you wont go wrong with your TV.

Geoff

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
G'day Nick,
I sent a request through Kogan's online support, with make and model - explaining it wasn't playing many types of files / codecs, and they replied with a link to updated firmware and instructions on how to.
The link is not associated with their website, hence asking them for the exact tv model will be the easiest solution.
Certainly worked well for me :)

Cheers,

Glenn

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
We got a Conia from deals direct about 3 yrs ago and hasn't missed a beat. Great picture. We used it our our bedroom and put it in van when away. Got a bit sick of doing that so we brought a Logan for bedroom. Great value.