14' Series Another 14.44.4 O/B on the way

albo42

Sep 18, 2012
Canberra
All the best for tomorrow mate, I'm starting to understand what the wait feels like! Have a Bundy and coke for me

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
We have it. The handover at Jayco Bundaberg went very well the team up there do a great job.
The van is great everything that we asked for is done as requested and after three nights in the van no warrenty issues at all,I had a good crawl around under the van today and all looks good. The only complaint I have is the keys.No key opens another lock even the three lockers are not the same.I mean how hard can it be to put together a uniform key pack for each van??.The roof mounted internal lights are still bulb type all the others including the rangehood are led. So I'll be onto ebay asap and get some new lights kits.
Currently at Lake Monduran trying to catch a Barra,then off to Agnes Waters and then Woodgate beach. To those people still waiting hang in there it's worth the wait, sooooooo much better than the Jayco Dove we had. I'll try and organise some photo's soon (computors are not my strong point)

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Congrats JDove, ya lucky bugger. Sounds like the trip is great. would be interested in a report when you get home. Interested in your fav spots, we might give them a run also.

thx
jas

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Congrats on the van and great news on no warranty issues. I hope all the issues i had with mine on the very first run of this model helped to prevent issues on later models like yours.

Good to see you are out there enjoying it too:biggrin:

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Eight nights in the van so far and loving it.Glad I got the waterproof bed privacy screen as It rained heaps last night and we were as dry as a bone.We got our waterproof end from Kakadu awnings for about $180 so that was money well spent. The key issue is driving me nuts (lots of keys) so I am going to look into those key sets by camec or get a locksmith to key all the locks the same.
No Barra at lake Monduran but a nice place to stay anyway.Still dont have my annex yet that gets fitted on friday back in Bundy.
Still no warrenty issues at all.
Cheers

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hey jdove,
Good to hear you guys are loving the new van, our full annex is also coming from kakadu, apparently have a good rep. Are your bed ends canvas or vinyl? And no leakage at all. Are they easy to fit?

Thx

Ps still damn dry here

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Hi Holden_man
Our bed end is grey vinyl and we chose the colour to match the annex but they come in about six colours. Very easy to fit (less than 2min)with six clips at the top and if you want two bungy cords at the front that you can peg to the ground or loop around the draw bar like I did.
I have another one with me that I picked up for my brother inlaw's 14.44.4 and they come as a kit with the toggle clips that just screw on the underside of the lid.
We also have the shade cloth type which use the same mounts on the lid so it's a very quick change over if rain is on the way.
Hope this helps

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hey jdove,
Thanks for the info, will give them a ring, our annex is grey also, I think oyster bay was the name. I think the bed ends are a good idea, we are taking the van to the snow next year so would also help keep the cold out I think.

Thx
Jas

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi jdove,
Sorry another question for the annex, did you get anti flap installed, I rang All Seasons yesterday, and they tell me you have to get it done at manufacture of the annex. Do you think it worth having. Our van is apparently booked in for the 16th so still time to add. Did you get screened doors as well, do you think worth it? Did you add any other annex options that you would recommend?
How was the park at Agnes? Sorry to be a pain with lots of questions? But we are absolute novices.
Thx
Jas

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey Jas, excuse me for butting in but are you talking about the curved telescopic poles that go from your van to the barrel of your awning in the middle? If you are then get them, I ordered 2 equally spaced for the 14' awning and they also stop your awning from holding water, very worth while.

Cheers.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi burnsy,
Happy to have you join in, I really don't have a clue what makes up anti flap, just heard some members had it and it sounds a good idea. It might be worth me ringing them back and asking what makes up their anti flap. The just said they aren't doing many, and it can't be fitted later. So wanted to see what other members think.
Does the roof of the annex also get tied to the poles to stop the top lifting or just sit there to prevent the top sagging?
Thx
Jas

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Hi Jas
Our annex is also oyster bay, looks like we both have good taste.
Ours is a all seasons annex (Also called Kakadu) I have yet to put the annex up but I have seen it up and as far as I can tell the connection of the annex end walls to the roll out awning is with the anti flap kit.which as far as I know is standard with All seasons annex's.(maybe I paid extra??) It certainly looks better than some other annex's I have seen.There is poles fitted to the roll out awning to take the weight of the annex wall.Even on my old camper the poles did'nt stop the roof lifting they are there to stop sagging, a couple of tie down ropes stop the lifting. The awning legs are best left connected to the van in strong wind.
With the 14.44 models they dont fit any extra curved roof poles as our awning is only 11' long and they dont hold water like the bigger models, we camped in rain and I just dropped one end of the awning a little to make sure anyway and all was good.
One thing that we did do was get a extra door fitted to the front end wall (drawbar end) because in some caravan parks we have been packed in close to the next camp site or your carparking spot and we like going out the front. We did'nt bother with screen doors as we like to have the doors open as much as possible. We will only ever use the full annex if the weather is bad. with our old camper I would start with the rear end wall and as the weather got worse put the other walls up.
The Agnes waters beachfront caravan parks was great,good sites not packed in like some parks,the parks is right on the beach with no roads to cross,shops are only about 300mtr away. I have a 12yr old boy and he loved it, good safe beach with some good waves for the kids to body board on.
Dont worry about the questions thats why were are on the forum every day,to learn from others and to help when we can.
Cheers
Dave

matt

Aug 20, 2011
Brisvegas
JDove, coming up to see the beast this weekend, my panda is nearly 1 year old, cant wait to race them to the nearest national park, ps you need a weber !!! That wasnt on your list, just do it....

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
thanks for the info dave, will be giving them a ring again tomorrow to follow up the Antiflap, I like the idea of the extra door, will talk to them about that also.

thx
jas