14' Series Another 14.44.4 O/B on the way

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Hi to all
Like a lot of people I have been lurking in the background for a while,But the deal has been done on a new 14.44.4 O/B.Our O/B Dove of six years is on the way out.We looked around at other floorplans but kept coming back to this one,as we are a family of three so this van is perfect for us.Of course we could'nt buy standard so we have added most of the common modifications.
Roll out awning (now standard)
Roof A/C
Fridge upgrade (150ltr)
100 amp battery
Anderson plug and wiring to fridge
Full Kakadu annex with extra door also bed end privacy screen (Darker than factory fitted)
Fiamma bike rack on rear wall
Extra gas bayonet
Extra 9kg gas bottle
Wind up ariel
Extra T/V outlet in annexe
Cupboard door where old std A/C was located
Extra sheves in robe
Extra shelves in cupboard near entrance door
Hyland hitch
And I'm sure there will be a few more before we get it as we have plenty of time,due to expected delivery dat of LATE SEPTEMBER. That is going to be the killer,we will keep the dove until after the mid year school holidays. Now there is a flow on of other things I need to do like purchase a roof rack and boat loader for the tinny that we used to carry on the roof of the dove and a Webber to plug into the extra gas bayonet.
The wait begins
Cheers to all

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
congrats, that a great listing. i think jayco should have them pre typed out so they can ask buyers what do you want in a van then just say 'well here's a listing we prepared earlier' LOL. cheers.

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Well done with the new van jdove:thumb:

Great list of extras. If i think back to ordering my van, if i would change one thing, it would be to add the simplicity suspension to give the van some better ground clearance and be better matched to the tow height of my 4wd. Other than that i love it (except my squeeky brakes i am yet to resolve:censored:)

Hopefully this forum will help you through the long wait, i think i did about 300 posts before my expanda even arrived:wacko:

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Yeh, great news and great list of extras. I'm interested to know how the 14 goes with a tinny on top. Has anyone elso done it?

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
HI Relgate

Sorry mate for the mixup.The tinny is going onto the roof of the Prado.We use to carry it on the Dove roof,but you had to take it off to raise the roof.
So now I am after a roof rack & tinny loader for the Prado
Cheers

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hi jdove,

We are just like you, we have ordered a 14.44-4 Outback and it is not due until Early September so the next 4 and a half months is going to seem like it drags on forever!

We are keeping our Swan until July as we still have a couple of weekends away planned.

All we can do is keep on counting the days!

Duncan

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
Everything is going to plan. The Dove camper sold today(took 3days) The colours have been chosen at the qld caravan show (also bumped into ragracing sitting inside a 14.44.4) so the long countdown is well and truly on.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hey jdove,

It was nice to catch up at the show and congrats on selling the dove. We have our swan up for sale for a few weeks but no luck yet, just a lookers but nothing else.

Duncan

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
Hi to all
Like a lot of people I have been lurking in the background for a while,But the deal has been done on a new 14.44.4 O/B.Our O/B Dove of six years is on the way out.We looked around at other floorplans but kept coming back to this one,as we are a family of three so this van is perfect for us.Of course we could'nt buy standard so we have added most of the common modifications.
Roll out awning (now standard)
Roof A/C
Fridge upgrade (150ltr)
100 amp battery
Anderson plug and wiring to fridge
Full Kakadu annex with extra door also bed end privacy screen (Darker than factory fitted)
Fiamma bike rack on rear wall
Extra gas bayonet
Extra 9kg gas bottle
Wind up ariel
Extra T/V outlet in annexe
Cupboard door where old std A/C was located
Extra sheves in robe
Extra shelves in cupboard near entrance door
Hyland hitch
And I'm sure there will be a few more before we get it as we have plenty of time,due to expected delivery dat of LATE SEPTEMBER. That is going to be the killer,we will keep the dove until after the mid year school holidays. Now there is a flow on of other things I need to do like purchase a roof rack and boat loader for the tinny that we used to carry on the roof of the dove and a Webber to plug into the extra gas bayonet.
The wait begins
Cheers to all

Can i ask what you paid all up as im looking at a similer set up

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Les, welcome mate. Just thought I'd let you know I have a 16'OB for sale, it's pretty much got everything except for solar and toilet/shower.....allot less than 40k and you can have it now! :D

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
The 14 series are on a roll,we signed our final confirmation a few days ago and took the opportunity to add a second water tank.

Found out yesterday it's being built a week ahead of the original date (probably just jinxed myself now).

Reading through recent posts it looks like quite a few new 14' vans are about to boost the numbers.

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
The long wait is finally over (well almost).It's been a very long wait,as we placed the order on April 17

The van got finished last friday and got delivered to the dealer in Bundaberg Qld this morning (Monday).Those truckies must have some magic stuff to keep themselves awake.I can go and pick it up when ever I want too, but due to work I have to wait until next Tuesday.We will have a couple of days in Bundy and then head off in a north direction for about ten days and then turn around head back home.
I just hope all is ok and we dont get any bad suprises like some other members have had recently.

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Congrats jdove,

Somehow we ordered three weeks before you but are still waiting, not that it matters to much as we can't go away until the middle of October anyway.

Enjoy your new van

jdove

Aug 23, 2011
Sunshine Coast Qld
YEEEEEE HAAAAAAA Only one sleep to go.
The dealer in Bundy says all is ok with the van. The fridge is turned on and just waiting for us to put the celebration drinks in. So the Prado is loaded to the roof and we are off as early as we can get going in the morning.
The long wait is OVER.