annex walls

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
I just noticed that my annexe walls were made differently to most others.

At the bottom of my walls I have the white vinyl skirt stitched around the base for times when there`s uneven ground. However my vinyl skirt folds to the outside of the van. I thought this was to allow water to run off away from the van. I also have to put my pegs in from the inside. I thought it made sense.

Now when I look at the other annexe pics in here, I see everyone else's is the other way around. {Skirt folds to the inside}

When I look at others I think it looks neater, and am wondering, has anyone else got the same type as mine or is mine a stuff up from the canvaser?

photo-27.JPG

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Hey CR, I am sure my walls are very similar to yours with vinyl flap.
Although had it on a bit if a slant in the below camp trip. Normally the flap would stay on the outside.
Cheers Deano
3f780abb32a014d1491a21ea704e333e.jpg
bbecb4aeeff14c4c5a12f246b0cdcbb0.jpg

jim74

Oct 23, 2012
port macquarie
i discovered after 2 years of setting up our swan that the flaps went on the inside and your poles sat on them- we had speacil little black caps that went on the bottom of the poles to stop sinking into soft ground as well as help stop the annex from flapping about

Attachments

• camper 011.jpg
    camper 011.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 507
  • camper 003.jpg
    camper 003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 617

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Yeh. I think thats what I`d prefer. It just looks neater to me.

In saying that, I didn`t ask the canvaser to do it this way so I guess I cant complain.

My peg holes are on the opposite side of the white skirt so I have no choice but to have the skirt face outwards. I spose it works with rain run off. I could probably put some eyelets in the white skirt and run a peg through it so it could also face inwards. I`ll see how it looks when I set up in two weeks time down at Green Patch Jervis Bay.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey Coastrunner, my annexe on the camper trailer we used to have had a vinyl strip at bottom on outside like yours, the idea is when it rains it helps to stop the mud splashing back up on your walls!

Cheers.

Willy

Nov 5, 2012
Newcastle
Hey Coastrunner, we have an AustraliaWide Annexe, with the flaps tucked in rather than out, however the support pole along the awning barrel sits outside it. On sites where we are unable to properly secure the annexe walls to the ground, we use Annexe Anchors, which you may have seen at your local caravan show. They are essentially a long, thin nylon bag with a valve which allows the bag to be filled with water. Once filled, they are very heavy and sit neatly over the flaps.

We only bought them after we encountered very strong winds on the hill of Forster and had a site with a larger than normal slab which was far from level, and securing the walls to the ground was a real challenge.

LUK77Y

Dec 22, 2012
Central Coast - NSW
Good to read some positive posts on CC, Tony is measuring up and providing our Vinyl Annex whilst we're at Emerald Beach Anzac Wkend.
Going with Annex Walls, Extenda-Room & Front Awning.