annex walls

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi coastrunner,

The roof rafters are the go, I had 1 in the 16' and I have 2 in the 18', wouldn't be without them and also handy for hanging the fishing rods!

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
the swan i have at the moment has 2 kakadu awnings, 1 standard bag awning and a larger 1 with the add a room which i cant fault except for the setting up time of the larger awning. a lot of people seem to be going for the shade cloth walls but do they keep the weather out like vinyl/canvas?

Hi Jim, can't beat canvas/vinyl for bad weather but it's amazing how much the mesh blocks also. I have a full canvas annexe but also a mesh long wall, I think it's coast brand from Jayco. My mate has cgear brand mesh walls and I reckon they block 90% of wind and the rain if blowing in feels like a fine mist.

Cheers.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Jim74,

We got the Prestige Jayco "Add-A-Room" for our 17.56-2.

Paid $1,500 for it at the time we ordered the van. This included windows with fly screens, 2 x curved poles for roll out awning, all vertical poles.

Here is a link to their brochure - Brochure - Caravan & Pop-Tops

They may make one up and then send it - give them a call!

Good luck.

Cheers,

Rohan

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Jim74,

It is very obvious the excitement is building - posting at 4:54AM - you are not sleeping in anticipation of your new toy arriving :D

We can all remember the build-up during the last couple of days before getting our first Panda!

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
As long as your happy with your purchase, that's all that matters.

Did you get 2 curved rafters as above is singular?? 2 of them are much better for a full awning on a 17ft van, would go for 2 rafters expanda.

Cheers Pace.

jim74

Oct 23, 2012
port macquarie
After 1600klms , 16hrs of driving - 6 hrs sleep (also managed to squeeze in a quick game of golf) the new baby is sitting proudly in her new home

Attachments

• camper 022.jpg
    camper 022.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 306
  • camper 029.jpg
    camper 029.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 294

jim74

Oct 23, 2012
port macquarie
no she will take the place of the swan that lives in the shed at the moment- still a bit tight but not as tight as that garage

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
no she will take the place of the swan that lives in the shed at the moment- still a bit tight but not as tight as that garage

Phew! I was going to say she'd need more then a bit of lube to fit in that garage, not that she's fat .... just big boned!

jim74

Oct 23, 2012
port macquarie
2 inch suspension kit with air bags she tows a treat..fuel economy well thats a different story went from 9's to 17 with the van on but who cares they still make it.

jim74

Oct 23, 2012
port macquarie
Price from Coffs Canvas
Annexe walls- includes 3 walls and draft skirt, Aussie Traveller Anti flap arms, 2x curved roof rafter, provision for front porch and rear add-a-room
$2900-00, Rear Add-A-Room- as discussed with removable front wall $1300-00, Front Porch- with mesh drop $550-00, Fitting $250-00, Total Price $5000-00 Fitted.
i dont suppose you have a photo of your add a room rohan? every manufactorer sells them but no one seems to have any pictures- the salesman was a bit confused when i told him what i wanted and for the spend i want to make sure its right.
cheers
jim

Jim74,

We got the Prestige Jayco "Add-A-Room" for our 17.56-2.

Paid $1,500 for it at the time we ordered the van. This included windows with fly screens, 2 x curved poles for roll out awning, all vertical poles.

Here is a link to their brochure - Brochure - Caravan & Pop-Tops

They may make one up and then send it - give them a call!

Good luck.

Cheers,

Rohan

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
As long as your happy with your purchase, that's all that matters.

Did you get 2 curved rafters as above is singular?? 2 of them are much better for a full awning on a 17ft van, would go for 2 rafters expanda.

Cheers Pace.

Hey Pace, have not purchase yet so tossig around prices :)

I won't need one for summer so going to purchase one early next year just before easter...

Not sure if this is a good price it sounded good compared to the kakadu one that Jayco sells.

But good tip on the roof rafter and possible needing two ill keep that in mind cheeers!

After 1600klms , 16hrs of driving - 6 hrs sleep (also managed to squeeze in a quick game of golf) the new baby is sitting proudly in her new home

Looks fantastic well done!!!!

Any internal pictures :)!!

Chuck up a thread when you get a tick

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/forumdisplay.php/29-My-Expanda

Phew! I was going to say she'd need more then a bit of lube to fit in that garage, not that she's fat .... just big boned!

GOLD!

Price from Coffs Canvas
Annexe walls- includes 3 walls and draft skirt, Aussie Traveller Anti flap arms, 2x curved roof rafter, provision for front porch and rear add-a-room
$2900-00, Rear Add-A-Room- as discussed with removable front wall $1300-00, Front Porch- with mesh drop $550-00, Fitting $250-00, Total Price $5000-00 Fitted.
i dont suppose you have a photo of your add a room rohan? every manufactorer sells them but no one seems to have any pictures- the salesman was a bit confused when i told him what i wanted and for the spend i want to make sure its right.
cheers
jim

Hmm I got qouted less than that by email see my post a page or two back.....

4k from coffs canvas would be right but Jayco themselves can fit the kakadu for 5k for the same thing.

Personally 1k is 1k regardless so if there was a saving I would go for coffs but if it was neck and neck with Kakadu so 5k then I would go to Jayco and let them do it as they are then resposinsible for everything Van / Annexe etc etc so if anything goes wrong its on them!