2015 Expanda 16.49-1

Gogeelong

Jul 26, 2015
Adelaide
Well after some great advice over in another thread we have gone the brand new option. A Expanda 16.49-1 :):):)

It should arrive mid October. The extras are:
  • Underslung/blocked
  • Outdoor shower inc HWS
  • Stereo and speakers
  • Picnic table
  • External tv, 12v and 240v outlets
  • Annex
  • TV and bracket
  • Bed end covers
  • Bed converter
  • Anderson plug
  • Aircon
  • Battery
  • Control panel
  • Drop down jacks
  • Gas bayonet
  • Aerial
  • Extra gas bottle
  • Starter kit
Can not wait to get the first test run in.

Ok time to breath deep and wait . . .

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Great stuff on the new van @Gogeelong and hopefully the time will pass quickly for you. Did you consider another water tank seeing as you have the hws and shower? Could be handy to order now if you want it.
Cheers.

Gogeelong

Jul 26, 2015
Adelaide
Hi @17triton

I did consider another water tank. We will only use the shower for the odd rinse I think (I have a 3 year old and 6 month old so won't be venturing far or long from caravan parks for a while) so wasn't sure whether to add it.

I'm also keen to keep the ATM below 2,000kg as for the first six months at least I will need to tow it with a Toyota Kluger (until lease runs out).

Any thoughts on this are welcomed whilst I still have a few weeks to make final decisions on extras :)

Reactions: 17triton

Gogeelong

Jul 26, 2015
Adelaide
Well a belated update. Delivery date got pushed from October to 4 December. primarily my fault for not being diligent enough on getting written delivery date and following up.

Went through handover on Friday but on final pack up we found the roof was not aligned properly meaning annex would not wind in properly and latches would not work :-(

Looks like hydraulics need to be removed and shifted as using the adjustment in them was not enough to realign properly. This means they need to be moved to right spot and old holes will need filling and repainting. ETA is now Tuesday.

Local dealership has been great, but very frustrating none the less. Fingers crossed for a few more days :)

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Better to have a roof that opens and closes than to take it with doubt.

Ours also needed adjustment but there was enough to get it done on handover. It's been fine since, except for the time we forgot to do up the latches and noticed the roof rising when we checked in rear view mirror.

Embarrassing !

Gogeelong

Jul 26, 2015
Adelaide
Better to have a roof that opens and closes than to take it with doubt.

Ours also needed adjustment but there was enough to get it done on handover. It's been fine since, except for the time we forgot to do up the latches and noticed the roof rising when we checked in rear view mirror.

Embarrassing !
My thinking exactly.

I've often wondered what would happen if you left the latches open

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Agree. Underslung is only appropriate for touring models to get a bit more ground cLearance.

If you did this with an OB you'd need a ladder to get inside...but you would get a good view.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
we underslung our 16-49-1 OB and it was great . didn't make any difference to the towing and if we had another one we do it again .
got it done at prestige jayco while still new

Reactions: Crusty181