19.61-2 Journey Outback

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
You are welcome.
Install look good and glad you are happy with how it tows.
Definitely seems to tow a lot smoother but the best bit is when you can level it so easy when parked on a uneven site.

Looking forward to seeing the control system and what you do.

Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
71053715-21D1-4A84-A0D6-8A643E28F547.jpeg

Slammed as the kids say

85B62A85-6629-4357-8A63-4A356E2EC051.jpeg

Side to side variation . The bar at the top is the level garage door
BB704EAE-2096-4790-92A3-D8CE14157538.jpeg

Raised

Reactions: Base23

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
So cleaning the van to put it away I had two ice trays full of defrosted water in the freezer. I’ve driven about 45km including a few pedestrian humps and in and out of a servo and the trays hadn’t split a drop !

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Can’t work out Jaycos third tank plumbing . Not sure the pic is clear enough .
They have balanced the two front tanks with the pick up line . Was getting air in the line when using front two and they are not drawing down evenly. Would have thought you’d balance at the bottom ?

Anyway plan is to isolate front tank and fit seperate pump and filter (again) and have as a dedicated drinking only ! The adventurers are Plumbed like this and @Crusty181 gave me the idea when he mentioned his love of melbourne water :D

Our water here at home is nothing stunning but is clean.

View attachment 61940
At least they are using black piping now, not the clear stuff of the past.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Been a long time since I posted

moved the batteries from under the bed to under lounge
fitted an 1800watt inverter
fitted a JHub shunt to read all useage
fitted A gas heater
6 B&S from drawbar to battery direct
onboard compressor and air tank With self leveling arms and control system
slide out pantry drawers
fans
tv bracket And a few more bits.

completely loaded to the hilt , 3 tanks full and a couple of extra things thrown in for the test and she went bang on her ATM of 3020 so well done Jayco. That should shut up the naysayers!

since then have culled out a heap of stuff (3 hose reels , 4 power leads, doubled up kitchen stuff etc etc ) and took it to an RMS engineer who has rerated it to 3500kg ATM so I can add a grey tank and few other options but nothing that should take me to the max again . except I am turning the front 3rd tank into a drinking water only tank I’d have turned it to a grey. On recent trip I never needed more than one tank. I think it was @Crusty181 that mentioned on his big lap water was never that hard to find ?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Been a long time since I posted

moved the batteries from under the bed to under lounge
fitted an 1800watt inverter
fitted a JHub shunt to read all useage
fitted A gas heater
6 B&S from drawbar to battery direct
onboard compressor and air tank With self leveling arms and control system
slide out pantry drawers
fans
tv bracket And a few more bits.

completely loaded to the hilt , 3 tanks full and a couple of extra things thrown in for the test and she went bang on her ATM of 3020 so well done Jayco. That should shut up the naysayers!

since then have culled out a heap of stuff (3 hose reels , 4 power leads, doubled up kitchen stuff etc etc ) and took it to an RMS engineer who has rerated it to 3500kg ATM so I can add a grey tank and few other options but nothing that should take me to the max again . except I am turning the front 3rd tank into a drinking water only tank I’d have turned it to a grey. On recent trip I never needed more than one tank. I think it was @Crusty181 that mentioned on his big lap water was never that hard to find ?
We certainly had to keep an eye on it, but wasnt an issue. We consistantly carted 70ltrs in jerrys and never used a drop of it.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
2 tanks, travel with one full and a couple of 20lt jerries if need to top up mostly will fill both if going bush but can make a tank last a week if need be.....just handy to have portable if needed .....

Reactions: WHHEMI