Exterior Pressure limiting valve

McKenzie

Jul 15, 2015
Brisbane
All

I'm having pressure issues. Actually water flow just stopped. First time was only and day or so after picking up the van new. Was close to dealer and they fixed it. Not sure what they did.

Since we picked van (2weeks old) when ever using mains pressure the system makes a buzzing sound. Not sure if normal?

Anyway I'm having the same issue again.

I've pulled the the pressure reducer off and ran the water into bucket . My PRV is under sink.. pressure ran fine. Took spring and value out the connected again. Still no flow?

Anyone have any ideas?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just the one tap or all of them ?
Did you check the mesh filter in the valve?

McKenzie

Jul 15, 2015
Brisbane
Hi @Drover

I'm not sure where that is :(

I'm starting to think it is the black thing see photo. I think its the back flow stopper?

I just not sure how to remove to see if crap is in it.

The flow seems ok after the PRV. I able to blow water out of the draw bar tap.

But then the flow when PRV disconnected is not at good as from cp tap.

Yes both sink and draw bar taps affected

I'm getting very little water flow. If both taps on. The sink will not flow. I still have the valve removed.

Attachments

• 1450475044276500646709.jpg
    1450475044276500646709.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 537

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hi @Drover

I'm not sure where that is :(

I'm starting to think it is the black thing see photo. I think its the back flow stopper?

I just not sure how to remove to see if crap is in it.

The flow seems ok after the PRV. I able to blow water out of the draw bar tap.

But then the flow when PRV disconnected is not at good as from cp tap.

Yes both sink and draw bar taps affected

I'm getting very little water flow. If both taps on. The sink will not flow. I still have the valve removed.
Take the red circlips out and push the centre part in and the hose should pull out

Reactions: McKenzie

McKenzie

Jul 15, 2015
Brisbane
Ok i don't think its the back flow valve

:(

the point where the hose connects to the mains connection is my next guess

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So you have good flow up to the PRV, have a look in the end of the PRV there should be a mesh filter, you may have to unscrew the Guest coupling, it is probably full of crap.
Always run tap before you connect your hose, then flush hose before hooking up to van, I have had to clean the PRV valve a few times because I forgot, even do it if you run an external filter.

Reactions: Delano

McKenzie

Jul 15, 2015
Brisbane
Yes thanks @Drover iwas thinking the same in regards to flushing the hose before connection to van.

Just got off the phone to service department. They told me to remove the back flow from hose connection as they added another one and the idea was to have remove the back flow from hose connection as it is playing up back when we last had issue.

Photo shows the back flow part pulled out.

Will fit the connector back in and hope it works...next will be the check the filter as you say Drover

Attachments

• 1450480356390-125060760.jpg
    1450480356390-125060760.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 354

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
But if you had water flowing when you removed the PRV then the back flow or Non return Valve must have been working, though having 2 so close would cut back pressure a bit but not stop it...................I removed the NRV that was in the mains connection and use a Guest NRV (black one in your pic) fitted just before the PRV as mine was letting water past when I ran the pump. I'm also going to have a check of my Tempering Valve as if it has a mesh filter I think it might need a clean.........going to fit a 10micron filter on my hose before I plug into our van as I'm sick of crap getting thru but no smaller than 10mic as some places just don't have enough pressure to push thru any smaller.

Reactions: Delano and McKenzie

McKenzie

Jul 15, 2015
Brisbane
Well decided to leave PRV off while we are at Kennett river cp. While pressure is still not as good as from cp tap. Its better than with PRV. I'll put ot back together when we move on.

I will also fit a filter one day. I'm thinking a big blue. I currently use one for the house.

The other day i saw another caravan with one external next to inlet point under van

There's been a couple of places so far with brown water and i have not reached the Murray R. Region yet.

Reactions: Drover and Delano

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I threw the innards of my PRV in the tool box ages ago, have done heaps without it since and no dramas. Haven't foundhigh pressures yet, besides the hose would blow off more than likely.

Reactions: McKenzie

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
What extremes in temps!

Stay hot/cool whatever the case.

Impressed your water pressure seems sorted.