Exterior Pressure limiting valve

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I read on here somewhere the suggestion to cut the internal spring of the pressure limiting valve to increase the mains pressure. I tried it, it didn't work, and the more I cut off it the worse the pressure got. The valve is now stuffed.

I pulled the valve apart completely, more than just cracking the two halves and it was obvious that the spring is the issue, but it needs to be stretched and not cut. The more the spring forces the piston away, the better the pressure. I luckily had a spare Jayco supplied valve, which I stretched the spring and installed. Pressure is really good now. I suspect the spring may eventually return to its original size, and a few rubber tap gaskets shoved inside should remedy that. But at this point its working fine.

Its easy enough the screw open the valve without removing it from the hoses. The spring will literally just pop out. Stretch the spring out 10mm and screw it back together ..... simple 3 min fix

2015-06-04 14.53.18.jpg 2015-06-04 14.53.59.jpg

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Where in gods name are thee located? we have really poor pressure and for the life of me I cant find the thing, cheers
I will have another look over the weekend as well

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I read on here somewhere the suggestion to cut the internal spring of the pressure limiting valve to increase the mains pressure. I tried it, it didn't work, and the more I cut off it the worse the pressure got. The valve is now stuffed.

I pulled the valve apart completely, more than just cracking the two halves and it was obvious that the spring is the issue, but it needs to be stretched and not cut. The more the spring forces the piston away, the better the pressure. I luckily had a spare Jayco supplied valve, which I stretched the spring and installed. Pressure is really good now. I suspect the spring may eventually return to its original size, and a few rubber tap gaskets shoved inside should remedy that. But at this point its working fine.

Its easy enough the screw open the valve without removing it from the hoses. The spring will literally just pop out. Stretch the spring out 10mm and screw it back together ..... simple 3 min fix

View attachment 32888 View attachment 32887
ah @crusty 181 I said stretch it u said cut I will be stretching mine soon good u got it in the end always good to have spare things

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusty181

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Bahahahaha, all I have read is stretch it, lucky you had a spare.....anyway with the bloody horrible pressure at most van parks on this trip I had to take the filter off line as it was restricting pressure then I pulled the valve apart and stretched the spring but it didn't do any good, so for the last couple of weeks the guts of the valve is sitting in my tool box, I gutted it and now have great pressure, though it does povided some restriction as I left the little nozzle bits in it.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Where in gods name are thee located? we have really poor pressure and for the life of me I cant find the thing, cheers
I will have another look over the weekend as well
Under the van and not to far from the filler. Mine directly under the filler, where the water goes thru thr floor

Reactions: DRW

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Under the van and not to far from the filler. Mine directly under the filler, where the water goes thru thr floor
Mine was found hidden between other pipes and the floor of the van by the water filler bit. Luckily I had another member offer to show me where it was, as it was very well hidden! (Although it did take looking all along underneath the van to find it)

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Mines playing up too.
So I put a bypass valve in and the water pressure is great .
They will need to replace it when it goes in for its service

Stevie No Issues

May 29, 2014
Geelong
The valve itself really has no parts that can fail.. It really comes down to making sure the piston is lubricated with something suitable like vas or food grease..

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Rather than stretching the spring I just shimmed it with an old o-ring I had laying around putting a couple more mm of pressure on it.. Worked a charm..
I think you have the perfect solution there Steve, i suspect the stretched spring will likely want to go back to its original length

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
did mine today stretched it a bit no change took spring out no real change stretched the fajesus out of it now bit better so will leave it at that see how it goes the shower is a bit better which it good :rain: best pic I could find
:dance:

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Ive found poor pressure to be the biggest PITA in my Panda seems every time I take it out I find something else is reducing the pressure last time it was the filters on the Tempering valve were full of crap from the bottom of the HWS as I had just had the anode replaced, over the time I've owned it Ive had a dickky tempering valve, the Pump plumbed up wrong, a sticky pressure valve, a sticky non return valve and even crap in the little aerator thingo on the end of the kitchen sink tap.