Exterior Pressure limiting valve

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Oh it is just so good since I gutted that mongrel valve, I know one day I'll find some big pressure tap in a van park which will cause me grief but I might win Lotto as well....................................next plumbing victim will be the damn tempering valve, it's going to get it when I get home.

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
Just replaced the pressure valve as I too was having low pressure problems while hooked up to a hose, threw a new one in there and really good pressure. But while camping out over the weekend running on tank water I heard the pump cycle a little bit while no water being used. Found water was coming back out the water inlet on the van, now is there a one way valve somewhere? Or does the pressure valve valve perform this function.... Just only noticed this problem after installing the new valve, or just coincidence?

Reactions: Flossymk1

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Ours is getting done along with a few other minor things at the dealer . Picking it up tomorrow morning .
I think the valve has a non return

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@navmat mine did that once Ijust put a John Guest non return valve in the line they are only about $10 I think, was far easier. The quick solution is to just connect a hose to the inlet and the other end to the tap on draw bar, no more leak.

Reactions: Crusty181

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Just replaced the pressure valve as I too was having low pressure problems while hooked up to a hose, threw a new one in there and really good pressure. But while camping out over the weekend running on tank water I heard the pump cycle a little bit while no water being used. Found water was coming back out the water inlet on the van, now is there a one way valve somewhere? Or does the pressure valve valve perform this function.... Just only noticed this problem after installing the new valve, or just coincidence?

We are having the same problem with our pump - only started after putting in a NEFA valve - we can't use the pump at all at the moment as once you turn it on it stays on and water pumps back out - I too though there was a one way valve somewhere already? I don't really know how it all works so any solutions would be much appreciated please!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@navmatt @Flossymk1 I had my van in for some warranty work and the mains back filling the tanks through the pump was one of the issues. It was a really noticible leak out the fillers and I presumed it was some inline non-return valve somewhere that was failing, but the service guys insisted its the non-return on the pump itself which requires adjustment on the pump.

We picked up the van from the service the morning of heading Nagambie, and it didnt leak at Nagambie, so the pump adjustment worked. The pressure reduction valve doesnt have a non-return capability. The pump will cycle (only if its turned on) ocassionally even if you dont touch a tap when it senses a pressure drop which could be air in the line. The pump cycling an water leaking out the tank fillers are likely unconnected.

From what was done to fix mine, the pump requires adjusting. You can likely download a manual for the pump which may have the adjustment settings

Last edited:

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
@navmat mine did that once Ijust put a John Guest non return valve in the line they are only about $10 I think, was far easier. The quick solution is to just connect a hose to the inlet and the other end to the tap on draw bar, no more leak.

@Flossymk1 I think drover might be on the money here, I'm just going to get one of these, under $20 and just fit it in the line some where before the inlet.

Reactions: Flossymk1

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
This is the non return valve, fit just after your pressure valve.
JG-12SCVm.jpg

Reactions: navmatt

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
You can do two things first install the new style valve has the Jayco bird on it the second is to remove the valve and fit a one valve instead

stucati

Jan 12, 2015
Sydney
The valve in Crusty's picture is a 350 Kpa valve, i would assume the poly pipe in the vans can handle higher pressures. Small PRV's are available in 500 Kpa and 600 Kpa, replacing with one of these valves may help. I'm not sure if jayco install (haven't picked up my van yet) but i would also install a serviceable strainer before the PRV to filter sediment and rubble from the valve. These are easy cleaned and will stop crap getting into the valve and water lines.

Roosterman

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter Valley
Thought I might bump this thread for the newbies like I who have run into crap water pressure when on mains pressure....my story is the same as most who have complained about there pressure when on mains....the only difference for me, is that I was ready to tow the thing back to Jayco to fix it or give me my coin back.....>:(>:(>:( as the pressure I was getting from the shower was comparable to me taking a slash....f@#$$@ ridiculous.....

However thanks to this great forum.....:first::first::first:.... I did a search and found what I needed to do, and presto, way better pressure....so for anyone else searching for answers, the simple procedure of removing the valve and stretching the spring is a great fix....I gave mine a good tweek....10/15mm....its a solid spring, but I think in time it will settle back to its original length....when this occurs I will likely grab a NEFA valve and change it over for good...

In the mean time though, the cook is much happier with the out come:peace::peace::peace:....... and we all know happy wife, happy life and more camping...

Rooster....

Reactions: Delano and Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
My pressure has been playing up again lately so since the guts is ripped out of my PR valve and the screen is clear I might have a look at the tempering valve it may have gunk in it. Would have been a few hundred gallons thru it all since last checked.

Oh and an update on an earlier post on the NRV, there may be one incorporated into the connector you plug your mains hose onto, there was on mine which I found out recently. Check my thread for info/pics.

Roosterman

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter Valley
My pressure has been playing up again lately so since the guts is ripped out of my PR valve and the screen is clear I might have a look at the tempering valve it may have gunk in it. Would have been a few hundred gallons thru it all since last checked.

Oh and an update on an earlier post on the NRV, there may be one incorporated into the connector you plug your mains hose onto, there was on mine which I found out recently. Check my thread for info/pics.

The bloody plumbing is a nightmare TBH, I don't mean the way its routed/setup/or the valves etc, I mean just getting my head around how it works....more work in my own time me thinks....all working fine now, just becoming familiar with it all is the thing....

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
The bloody plumbing is a nightmare TBH, I don't mean the way its routed/setup/or the valves etc, I mean just getting my head around how it works....more work in my own time me thinks....all working fine now, just becoming familiar with it all is the thing....
I think its because in the Jayco factory the electricians do the Plumbing and the plumbers do the electrical work :fish2: