Our 18-57-6

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Thats awesome Burnsy, its a good way to monitor whats drawing what and easy to read too :rockon:

Does it also display power usage when plugged into 240v?

Hi CD, just an update, I plugged into mains yesterday for the fridge in prep for departure Wednesday, the BM-1 only measures the charging data from the setec (amps in and time to charge) like I suspected.

Cheers.

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
I fitted the last piece of the puzzle this weekend for my battery/solar setup....the BM-1 Compact, very happy with results and it's good to know exactly what's going on. Here's some pics to show the different sreens/info it can display, these pics were not taken in series. I'm also able to see what each light or appliance draws in amps as they are switched on, 1 ceiling light with two 36led panels draws .4-.5amps and the 60L Waeco draws 4.5amp with compressor running.

Cheers.

View attachment 13184 View attachment 13185 View attachment 13186 View attachment 13187

Hi Burnsy
Do you need a single BM-1 per battery, or can one measure multiple batteries?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Burnsy
Do you need a single BM-1 per battery, or can one measure multiple batteries?

Gday mate, no the BM-1 (compact) will monitor multiple batteries up to a total of 600amps, so 6x100amp or 5x120amp etc, you just need to go into menu and input the total amps in your setup.

Cheers.

Reactions: xpanda

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
A few more mods to the 18.
1st the new rear bar for bike rack, the arms are bolted through the chassis using high tensile bolts with 16mm diameter sleeves through both chassis and bike rack RHS sections to allow bolts to be done up tight and not squash RHS. The RHS on bottom centre is so i can store my hitch and lock with pin after arrival, i also store my WDH bars in the chassis (pic 3). Just need to mount spare on A frame now!

Picture 1010.jpg Picture 1011.jpg Picture 1012.jpg Picture 1014.jpg

Next is the PVC bed end. After much debate i decided to give this a go. The way Presige Jayco fit the privacy screen is they use screws for a permanent fit, so i removed the screws and replaced with the stud part of the snap fasteners then just attatched the other half to the PVC. I plan to cut windows in later and have removable PVC sections with velcro so i can leave the plastic screen on permanent. I used 0.3mm PVC from Bunnings, pretty happy with end result at a cost of $70.

Picture 1005.jpg Picture 1006.jpg

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Great job Burnsy, if you don't mind I'd like to use your idea for the WDH bars, I've been wondering where to store mine, I was originally going to put them in the front boot but I know what I'm doing now.

Dave

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Great job Burnsy, if you don't mind I'd like to use your idea for the WDH bars, I've been wondering where to store mine, I was originally going to put them in the front boot but I know what I'm doing now.

Dave

Happy to share mate, I think it's a good spot.....out of sight out of mind!

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
J-Box mod

Got around to doing the same mod as i did on my other van on the Aussie Day weekend with the j-box and tidied up the rats nest above the sheet metal plate. Allot more cables in the 18 so a bit more work, I also ran cables through grommets in the steel sections of chassis instead of going around to avoid the sharp edges.
In the pics below, one shot shows on of the plugs that was damaged (not by me), it looks like it had a hard time being pulled through somewhere and the blue and red wires were nicked so i slipped some heat shrink over them. Another shot shows wires with plastic plug removed to enable wires to be passed through grommets and gland nuts.
All up 3 entries and 3 exits, one entry is for 6B&S from tug which i will do later so i have a short piece of 6B&S pushed in so i could seal with gland nut.

Cheers.

View attachment 11828 View attachment 11829

View attachment 11830 View attachment 11831

View attachment 11832 View attachment 11833

Hi Burnsy,

Just a quick question, the j/box you installed, was that on the right hand side of the van just behind the end of the drawbar, where the trailer cable comes down from the car and other cables all meet up?, if so what a rats nest as you said, also if so I take my hat off to you (for the job you did) even more so now that we have our van and I can see the actual job first hand, it really is a nightmare.

Dave

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi Burnsy,

Just a quick question, the j/box you installed, was that on the right hand side of the van just behind the end of the drawbar, where the trailer cable comes down from the car and other cables all meet up?, if so what a rats nest as you said, also if so I take my hat off to you (for the job you did) even more so now that we have our van and I can see the actual job first hand, it really is a nightmare.

Dave

Yeah mate, that's the one, all bundled up and sitting on a piece of the checker "tin" they use on the side of the OB models! Well mine was anyway.

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Yeah, O/K, mines just got a piece of flat gal tin bent and tech screwed into position over the nest, did anything jump out and bite you when you took to it?

Dave