MY14 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Laredo

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
Thank you, no worries. I am considering getting an auto elec to complete mine too, although I don't mind the electrical side of things, more so than the mechanical. Opposite to you :)

Thanks for the link, I have been filtering through there, and shall do some more research. Cheers

Reactions: BigSkiddy

jandl

Mar 18, 2014
Perth
Hello @bloke I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee and have a ignition cut out relay fitted next to the battery under the seat. Power goes to the 12 pin plug and also a couple of anderson plugs for the van. Talking to the auto elec he said it was best to just cut off any possible current draw from the car when it was switched off. I also took a 12v feed from the output side of the relay to supply my fridge module battery and it has been working a treat the last 5 weeks of our holiday.

Reactions: Delano and dagree

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
Thanks for the info @jandl , much appreciated. When we bought our jeep, we too had a ignition cut out relay fitted, and had the output running to pin 2 of the current 7 pin plug. This has worked well with the smaller fridge in our current expanda.

I had a look last night, and located the relay and see that it is a 40amp relay. I was considering upgrading the relay to a bigger amp and also replacing the current cable with a heavier cable to the rear of the jeep. That way I can run the bigger fridge, and possibly a dc to dc charger down the track.

Do you know what amp relay is under your seat, and what size cable has been used to feed the 12pin and anderson plugs?

Sorry for hijacking the thread @BigSkiddy !

jandl

Mar 18, 2014
Perth
Sorry @BigSkiddy for the highjack as well. @bloke I believe it is an 80ish Amp solenoid and I have run 6 B&S to the Anderson plugs. I can't remember what size wire goes to the 12 pin plug but it is not as big as the 6B&S but it is still substantial enough to run whats in the van. My van fridge runs of the batteries not from the Anderson plug directly unfortunately. At the beginning of my holiday I made the decision to replace the Ctek with a Redarc system due to the issues we had on the way to Broome and it has worked a treat since.

Reactions: Delano and bloke

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Considering a bullbar since my meeting with Mr Emu....
These just out from TJM look the part. Both have recovery point too.
Will let you know if I decide to progress with one.

Steel bar...
image.jpeg

Alloy bar...

image.jpeg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Go the alloy......lighter and you won't get tail slap across the bonnet and lights, well lesser chance...................go with the recovery points as Jeeps are a pain to do them afterwards and ridiculously expensive, I built my own for my WJ.

Reactions: Delano and twscoot

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Any other opinions on the look? Alloy available now. Steel not until November..... Decisions.
Save my money altogether and buy a drone.....

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I went colour coded ARB, I don't use a WDH and have air shocks in the rear so the weight was never going to be a problem and I am no longer a fan of polished alloy, each to their own though

Reactions: twscoot

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Alloy looks shite imo too much bling for me. The steel bar looks a lot better. Can you get the hoop painted as well? More stealth like;).

Reactions: twscoot