Toy Hauler MY 2013 Basestation Outback

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
26 during the day sometimes -2 in the morning.... we get a full range here in central QLD... But I must say it works well with my homemade pizza oven / fire pit / camp oven cooker.
17-07-2013 10-11-08 PM.png

17-07-2013 10-11-48 PM.png

Reactions: Burnsy

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Now that is something you need to bring along to a group meet!!
you would just need to hand out your mobile number to everyone at the meet so that they can call in for pizza home delivery. :)

Reactions: 17triton

Lonski

Aug 19, 2013
Perth
Hope you are happy with the new rig Bigman, I am about 3 weeks away from shelling out some of my hard earned for the same and wanted to quiz you on a couple of things if you have the time:
1, I have an LC200 on order and see you have the same - do you have any leveling bars at all for the van or does it sit ok?
2, I see an extra is the 4 burner stove over the 3 burner - do you know if it comes with an oven or grill?
3, Did they sting you much for the bigger fridge? and does it just impede on cupboard space?
4, The BBQ is a fair whack extra ~$800, not sure if you have seen the Webber Baby Q, reckon one would fit in that compartment?

Looking forward to getting mine - been told it will be ready by Chrissy and loading up mine and my sons bikes and heading out into the bush.

Cheers, Lonski

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Hope you are happy with the new rig Bigman, I am about 3 weeks away from shelling out some of my hard earned for the same and wanted to quiz you on a couple of things if you have the time:
1, I have an LC200 on order and see you have the same - do you have any leveling bars at all for the van or does it sit ok?
2, I see an extra is the 4 burner stove over the 3 burner - do you know if it comes with an oven or grill?
3, Did they sting you much for the bigger fridge? and does it just impede on cupboard space?
4, The BBQ is a fair whack extra ~$800, not sure if you have seen the Webber Baby Q, reckon one would fit in that compartment?

Looking forward to getting mine - been told it will be ready by Chrissy and loading up mine and my sons bikes and heading out into the bush.

Cheers, Lonski

Hey @Lonski
I love it, and most importantly the family does too!!
1 - I have the ARB suspension upgrade and I still have to have the easy lift WDH, there is about 200kg of ball wait when empty.
2 - The 4 burner does have a grill underneath and the 3 burner has nothing.
3 - The Fridge was $1350 extra, but I would do it again in a heartbeat!! has the Microwave about it and that's it works well!!
4 - We had the BBQ on our 17ft'r but decided not too this time 1 because of the location and 2 we use the baby Q more. The Baby Q does fit into the front hatch with the lid on easily...

Another note, we changed the door that leads into the back area so it swings into that area rather than the kitchen, makes it a LOT better when people are sleeping etc in the rear.

an Extra water tank in the rear might be a good idea too... I had to do mine afterwards.

Cheers,

Last edited:

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Hey @bigman0510,

What brand and where did you get your 3rd tank? Was it of the Camec / Caravan plus site? I am looking at a 3rd one and the web sites i can find a 82 ltr that looks the same, but seen as you have been there it takes out some risk.

http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1359

How did you go with the tank senders and the Contorl Panel hookup?

Hey @TTBRIDGE ,

I got the one below:
http://www.caravanpro.com.au/products/gas-+-plumbing/water-tanks-+-fittings/water-tank-guages/watertank-bmw---82l-jayco-1270mm-x-400mm-x-210mm

and the brackets:
http://www.caravanpro.com.au/products/gas-+-plumbing/water-tanks-+-fittings/water-tank-strap---suits-jayco-82l-bmw

The tank is exactly the same as the ones already installed.

I had to beg a dealer for the extra sensors, they are really hard to get!!! and just followed the wiring diagrams on another thread here, you know which one :bounce:

see how you go....

Lonski

Aug 19, 2013
Perth
Hey @Lonski
I love it, and most importantly the family does too!!
1 - I have the ARB suspension upgrade and I still have to have the easy lift WDH, there is about 200kg of ball wait when empty.
2 - The 4 burner does have a grill underneath and the 3 burner has nothing.
3 - The Fridge was $1350 extra, but I would do it again in a heartbeat!! has the Microwave about it and that's it works well!!
4 - We had the BBQ on our 17ft'r but decided not too this time 1 because of the location and 2 we use the baby Q more. The Baby Q does fit into the front hatch with the lid on easily...

Another note, we changed the door that leads into the back area so it swings into that area rather than the kitchen, makes it a LOT better when people are sleeping etc in the rear.

an Extra water tank in the rear might be a good idea too... I had to do mine afterwards.

Cheers,

Lonski

Aug 19, 2013
Perth
Thanks for the feedback, keen on the fridge, will ask the dealer RE; door and good news with the BBQ. I am going to go with the single set of bunks out back and a bed converter; i have 3 nippers; 16yo that prob wont want to travel too much with us after the next year (too cool) and a 13yo girl will stay in the bunks and a 7 yo boy that can chill on the dinette conversion until the bigger kid moves out. I want to put the bikes in the back and dont want to make it too congested.

We did a trip across Oz a few years ago in a Finch (yep - 5 of us!) And i had a custom made box for the 'A' frame up front which was great for light stuff and will do something similar so you can have the gas bottles inside the box with other lighter stuff.

Need to sort some goodies out for the new Croozer too; ARB Winch bar, spots, maybe suspension acc to your post but hope not at this stage, might take it for a run without it or try the leveling bars first - going to be an expensive year, thats what money is for isnt it?
No point being the richest man in the cemetary : )

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
A New mod today... really quick one and cheap.

Kids can't reach the light in the bathroom..Lazy man finds a solution...
upload_2014-3-13_21-26-34.png

Only downside is that is doesn't work with the blue light for some reason, but you can dim it right down so no need for blue.
upload_2014-3-13_21-30-39.png

has some funky light functions so you can do that strobe effect when your having a shower.... (because thats what you want)
It is pretty cool though, cheap, small and it works.

Lonski

Aug 19, 2013
Perth
Going to have to get me one of those - i put ~7m of LED strip lighting outside my van and its like sitting under the lights at the MCG; good for cooking and the like but it would be nice to tone them down a bit for the ambiance factor.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Going to have to get me one of those - i put ~7m of LED strip lighting outside my van and its like sitting under the lights at the MCG; good for cooking and the like but it would be nice to tone them down a bit for the ambiance factor.

Imagine the parties you could have with the strobe function...LOL

Walks

Sep 15, 2013
Melbourne
What size TV can you fit in your Basestation?

I had a 24inch in the work n play but the space on the Basestation we are getting looks like it will be a tight fit.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
What size TV can you fit in your Basestation?

I had a 24inch in the work n play but the space on the Basestation we are getting looks like it will be a tight fit.
Where were you looking at putting it? Don't go with where the factory wants to put (over the door, you lose a overhead cupboard) we have ours off the cupboard on the opposite side, only a pain if you want to watch TV when all at the table, but we usually lie on the bed I that's the case. I think I have a 22" I will check, could easily go bigger.

Could probably fit a 60" in the back... Lol