Toy Hauler MY 2013 Basestation Outback

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Ok guys, I thought I would start this thread to keep everyone up to date with my latest venture.

Now that my beloved 2011 17.56-2OB is gone to a new home, I signed on the line for a new.
IMG_0666.jpg

2013 Basestation Outback

2013 21.66-6OB

It will have the following Extras:
  • Simplicity suspension
  • Delete the mechanics rack and fit robe
  • 4Gb stove (instead of that stupid 3 burner)
  • 184ltr 3 way fridge
  • Over head cupboard module for door side (includes robe)
  • Bed converter
  • Drifter control panel
  • Tv bracket fitted to the robe
  • 1x Additional window
  • 1x additional bunk bed
  • Battery provision
  • Wind up tv antenna
  • External speakers
  • Pioneer cd player
  • 3.5 tonne Hyland coupling
  • Eazlift tow kit
  • External picnic table
  • Ibis roof mount a/c upgrade
  • 2x 150watt panels
I am already compiling a list of mods and extras I want... no NEEDto install.
I will post updates along the way
At this stage it will be built mid to late April (thats either build or delivered haven't checked)

Once again I have ordered my van through Warburton Caravans (Jayco) in Bundaberg... (They have been unaffected by the monster floods, so business as usual. atleast I can support them by buying another van off them.) Excellent service and price once again (no affiliation)

Basestation.JPG

Reactions: Ch00ka77

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Sounds like a great set up mate, I'm keen to see the plan and the van of course! Jayco would not give me a 3.5T hyland coupling on the 18!

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
We met Brad and Donna Warburton the owners of Bundy Jayco at the Adventure Whitsunday Big 4 in the Xmas holidays of 2011 and would not hesitate in recommending them, they are a couple of the nicest down to earth people you could meet. Good luck with the new van it sounds great.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
If you just want a basic tv, Kogan alway have deals and you can get a 12 volt lead with them. Sound is not surround sound quality but its OK for a van.

http://www.kogan.com/au/shop/televisions/

They quite often have free delivery deals. Just keep checking specials. We have one and it is fine, Its no Samsung but great for what we need and the $$$.

Geoff

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Looks good bigman! Most of these small tv's are 12 volt, some have transformers internal while others are external with the 240v pins on them. If the output of external transformer is 12v you should simply be able to cut off transformer and solder on a 12v lighter socket.....could save a few bucks as sometimes the 12v lead is extra. Just make sure you check polarity first!

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Looks good bigman! Most of these small tv's are 12 volt, some have transformers internal while others are external with the 240v pins on them. If the output of external transformer is 12v you should simply be able to cut off transformer and solder on a 12v lighter socket.....could save a few bucks as sometimes the 12v lead is extra. Just make sure you check polarity first!

Thanks Burnsy, Yeah I realise that, just wanted to buy one with the lead already there.... lazy electrician here mate!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Well what can I say but very impressive :first:

With all that external wall space did you maybe consider 2 external tables?
I can't see any motorbikes on the mod list either :eyebrows:

I don't think the 200 will have any problem towing it either. What made you look at the Basestation over the Work'n'Play was t the internal living space?

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Well what can I say but very impressive :first:

With all that external wall space did you maybe consider 2 external tables?
I can't see any motorbikes on the mod list either :eyebrows:

I don't think the 200 will have any problem towing it either. What made you look at the Basestation over the Work'n'Play was t the internal living space?

Yeah I think one table would look better (my opinion only)
Motorbikes are coming...
The work N play was a bit small and the dining area is the garage.. not cool!!
Only problem I will have towing is the fuel gauge mees thinks!

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria

Jaycar have 12v leads for under $5 with the correct end, at that price not even worth thinking about making one, however I did order one with my Kogan and it was only $16. The Kogan has an external tranny.

RE Table: If I had my time again I would order the extra table on our 16, one is good but after using it a few times, the second table would make life easier.

Geoff

Alan

Feb 3, 2012
Altona Vic
my home Kogan has been going fine for 7 years now and the van one for 3. Their new 3g telstra phone prepaid sim cards are a great deal

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
---------------------------------------------------------
New 2013 Specs:
Upgraded Dometic entrance door
Rollout awning standard
Air conditioner standard (Coleman)
Upgraded joinery - Avikira
Led internal lights - (rolling change March 2013)
Step insert upgrade
Upgraded abs edged tables
Upgraded alloy wheels
Upgraded windows - Dometic s7p
Upgraded fabrics
Upgraded laminex & curtains
Upgraded wall ply - White Ridge
Upgraded wheel arches
Upgraded tent colour - Mineral
Storage tray to A-frame

2013 BASESTATION OUTBACK SERIES
Gas bayonets standard equipment
Upgraded alloy wheels - 15”
Checkerplate upgrade - Black
Solar Provision standard
Wheel arch upgrade – Carbon
--------------------------------------------------------
I like the storage tray on the Aframe! Firewood!!

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hi Bigman,
Great choice, I'm green with envy.
If we could tow a base station, we would have bought one in a heart beat. But sadly my Kluger is limited to 2000kg towing, and I do love my Kluger so won't be trading it in any time soon.
You have scored the best of both worlds. The Base Station is impressive, So spacious, great layout, storage plus, love the drop down garage door.
Holiday annexes in the Hunter region do an annexe that sits right on top of the drop down garage door. You should check it out, looks impressive!

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Hi Bigman,
Great choice, I'm green with envy.
If we could tow a base station, we would have bought one in a heart beat. But sadly my Kluger is limited to 2000kg towing, and I do love my Kluger so won't be trading it in any time soon.
You have scored the best of both worlds. The Base Station is impressive, So spacious, great layout, storage plus, love the drop down garage door.
Holiday annexes in the Hunter region do an annexe that sits right on top of the drop down garage door. You should check it out, looks impressive!

Cheers Lara! I looked at those rear rooms for the base station and got a qoute of $3000! so I said I would look around, might try that place sounds good thanks!