Toy Hauler MY 2013 Basestation Outback

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
bigman0510

That hitch looks easer to put on and of the tow ball,is that correct? Also what is the name of it and what's it worth? If requested can Jayco put them on at the factory too do ya know?

The ESC might be worth a look too I am impressed with that?

Skippy

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
bigman0510

That hitch looks easer to put on and of the tow ball,is that correct? Also what is the name of it and what's it worth? If requested can Jayco put them on at the factory too do ya know?

The ESC might be worth a look too I am impressed with that?

Skippy

skippy Don't know if it is easier or not yet... LOL!! I ordered it with my Van but the dealer has to put it on, I don't think the factory does it, and from what I hear some dealers don't do it either!! Its called a Hyland hitch, I can't remember how much it cost, I will dig it up and edit this post when I find it....

Reactions: skippy

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
I also installed some tie down points under one of the beds to hold chairs and the table for the Webber. The bed can be lowered and stowed away with them attached.
image.jpg

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Brilliant storage you've got there Bigman, my BaseStation envy is growing by the minute!
Love the internal camera! Also might come in handy when your girls are teens and the boys are hanging around! ;)

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
moranbahweather.com
Brilliant storage you've got there Bigman, my BaseStation envy is growing by the minute!
Love the internal camera! Also might come in handy when your girls are teens and the boys are hanging around! ;)

Ha! We have cameras around the house (outside) that record 24/7, they have caught the girls out a couple of times.... we said that the one in the van is the same...LOL!

Gotta love those ratchet strap hey, how did we ever survive without them:D
Great storage ideas Bigman>>

bigman0510 are ya gonna get the ESC fitted?

Skippy

yeah not sure yet, I think they were around the $1200 mark, small price to pay really....

Reactions: Lara

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
skippy said:
Gotta love those ratchet strap hey, how did we ever survive without them:D
Great storage ideas Bigman>>
@bigman0510 are ya gonna get the ESC fitted?
Skippy
yeah not sure yet, I think they were around the $1200 mark, small price to pay really....

Yeh $1,200 cheap but I wonder how reliable the are too.

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Hey Bigman,

Out of curiosity, does your Compliance Plate show the "OB" at the end of the Model Number?

I have yet to see a Toyhauler with either it shown on there or on the outside anywhere. Our WnP has arrived in Adelaide and is currently having some extras added prior to us getting to it in August. Despite asking for a selection of pictures etc to confirm that they have what we ordered they've only sent a drivers side shot, a couple of "A" frame ones and the Compliance Plate.

Phil

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
No problem, still interesting as to why Jayco don't bother when it comes to Toy Haulers. As to your water tanks, 310 litres would be half your weight allowance so you would have to give up the toys or leave kids or wife and at home.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Yeah the 2 rear tanks will only be used when there are no toys in there... IE Gympie muster 8 days camping without water and power....
lets call it "weight distribution"
No toys in the back, i could give you a 1000lt ibc liquid container ;) no water worries then!