Hurst Family - 2014 Expanda 20.63-1 OB

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
So I wander how they are going to fix the BEF then!
Others have said the seal on the outer edge was going to make it problematic.
Will wait and se the pics! Best of luck!

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
It's getting installed today - I'm a bit nervous about how it's going to look, as from what I can gather the actual size of the new BEF is the same as the old one - meaning that it will most likely be too long and thus won't be nice and taught like it looks on the old style bed ends... After weeks of asking Jayco the question about the size, and nobody being able to give me a definitive answer, I have given up and am just hoping for the best now...

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
If it looks crap do what I do and spray the bed ends with waterproof stuff. No wet mattress so far.

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Well the BEF is on the van! And it looks pretty good actually - we have to do some adjusting to the sides where it attaches to the van, as they didn't quite put the press studs in the right place... But the best news is we can leave it on with the lid closed - we tried it last night and it closed easily :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Looks good.
Looks like the tracks are 'glued' to the underside of the lid where the privacy screens used to be attached?
Seem very close to the BE canvas as well. What is the gap?
How did they attach them? A few close up pics of the track would be appreciated.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looks good, better than some I've seen.........................if it's close to the BE just hit it with some waterproof of course don't close it up when its wet as everything else will be too................. If you were down here you could have tested it out really well, weve actually had rain..........yahoo.

Reactions: Flossymk1

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
It looks like a combination of glue and screws - here's a pic of one section -

image.jpg

The BEF is very close to the bed end canvas, so will be interesting to see if it does the job - we are expecting rain hopefully this arvo so we are leaving it set up to test it out.

Yes would definitely have to take it off the van when folding the bed up if it's wet, but I'm loving the idea of leaving it on if it's dry :)