Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
finally got around to booking in to do the Jayco factory tour.

Two very interesting hours touring the factory led by Malcolm who has now retired and still comes in just to do the tours.
He spent 21 years working at Jayco some of which were as QA manager and later as customer liaison.

It was great to be able to walk down the entire Camper Trailer line and see the build details at the various stages of assembly. They produce 75 Camper Trailers per week. Very easy to duck in to any of the vans to have a close look. Even able to ask the assemblers a question or two.

Then onto each of the other assembly lines and tours of the various fabrication plants.

If anyone finds themselves in Melbourne on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, I thoroughly recommend booking in for the tour.

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Gentlemens and others...................concluded after trip inspections and repairs...............while away I found the bolts on my WDH hitch needed a bit of a touch with the spanner, even though they had been swung off during Pre Checks..................so during the After Trip I pulled it off and Bugga, the holes in the mount had elongated, the bit that bolts onto the bit that fits in the tow bar, so I welded an a plate 5mm by 25mmm over the holes, redrilled and replaced the HT bolts so all should be good as gold now.

THE POINT BEING IS MAKE SURE YOU CHECK EVERYTHING ...........don't wait for a service and when on the road a good check every couple of days can save some drama..................I noticed a small movement in the hitch when I hooked up the bars, the holes may have been stuffed before as it's a second hand WDH and I only checked tension, bolts can stretch so wouldn't help.....Always looking...

JS4910

Sep 21, 2016
Gladstone Central Qld
If anyone finds themselves in Melbourne on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, I thoroughly recommend booking in for the tour.

That explains perfectly why they don't do tours on Mondays and FRIDAYS!!!!! That's when all the dud's come off the line....................lol

Seriously though I would be very keen to take a tour and see how they go together, especially for repairs or mods needed down the track.

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

JS4910

Sep 21, 2016
Gladstone Central Qld
Going to put the free camping capabilities to the test this weekend, well actually 4 day long weekend for me as I was quick enough to apply for an RDO before management realised and closed off any more applications for the 24th.........................hahahahahahahaha

Got to get up quicker than that to outsmart me, and having just come back from 21 days off too!

Their big boys, I'm sure they'll work it out and make do.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Seriously though I would be very keen to take a tour and see how they go together, especially for repairs or mods needed down the track.
Hi @JS4910,
I agree, I spent a lot of time on the Camper line doing exactly that. Unfortunately, you are not allowed to take photos.
But it was great to see the how the wall panels and roof are put together and where the wiring goes.

cheers
Mike

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hey @mikerezny is there any cost involved or age limits etc? Do you need to book much in advance?
Hi @JS4910,
here are the details from the Jayco web site. The tour is free. I rang up yesterday, they were booked out Thursday, but had spaces today and spaces next Wednesday.

To book a tour, contact Jayco on 03 8792 2042 or email spares@jayco.com.au. Please note participants must be over of 18 years old and wear covered in shoes. Places are strictly limited.

cheers
Mike

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

JS4910

Sep 21, 2016
Gladstone Central Qld
Hi @JS4910,
here are the details from the Jayco web site. The tour is free. I rang up yesterday, they were booked out Thursday, but had spaces today and spaces next Wednesday.

To book a tour, contact Jayco on 03 8792 2042 or email spares@jayco.com.au. Please note participants must be over of 18 years old and wear covered in shoes. Places are strictly limited.

cheers
Mike

Bugger, that excludes the kids then, guess I will have to rethink how we could get around that one.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sounds great, we've been going to go to Menninndee Lakes for about 40 yrs and never seem to make it, always detour somewhere else and the kids came away with some great stuff.

Reactions: Bluey and bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Put your pics up on the 60" screen @Bluey , love the sunset I'm getting toey to head off and only been home 2 weeks...................

Reactions: bigcol

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Sounds great, we've been going to go to Menninndee Lakes for about 40 yrs and never seem to make it, always detour somewhere else and the kids came away with some great stuff.
Have to call first there maybe no water in them cotton takes most of it i hear ....Theres rumblings now about how much water they let go a lot of crosses around about the dead or dying lake
Call me old fashioned but hemp would make better clothes not to mention all the other stuff you can make from it and the hemp you make stuff with is no good for weekend partys i dont condone any of that behavior it just makes sence to use it

Reactions: bigcol

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Good morning @Crusty181 i see you on im on the train off to rod laver for another day loading out dirt 10 trucks today have a good day yourself have you got van back

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Good Afternoon one and all.....
14948203449791238152003.jpg