Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
sitting at home at my desk. Hasn't rained for ages and it will be hovering around 30C until Sunday.

Just looked up and saw a photo we took of a poem on a wall of a refuge somewhere in the mountains on one of our backpacking trips:

It rained and it rained and rained and rained
The average fall was well maintained
And when the tracks were simply bogs
It started raining cats and dogs

After a drought of about half an hour
We had a most refreshing shower
And then most curious thing of all
A gentle rain began to fall

Next day was also fairly dry
Save for a deluge from the sky
Which wetted the party to the skin
And after that the rain set in

Anon,
Fiordland Tramper

Have a nice day, wherever you are!
Mike

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Hey @Bluey we love your lack of full stops etc ....we're used to it so no worries at all.

I miss the morning updates before you head off for the digging duties...gives me an appreciation of the fun of construction ....and your love of the fishing just makes me jealous.

Come back more often....if you want to.....

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Good to see you are alive and well @Bluey . Don't worry about the lack of punctuation as most of us got used to it and the posts wouldn't be the same with them :)

Travel safe and don't be a stranger for too long!

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Stuff'em @Bluey , just get on here and do your thing, most enjoyable post's all the time from you...................................should have come to Hopetoun for the LWE and had a beer..........

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
agree with all above stuff them that dont like punctuation they can get stuffed we all love having your breath of fresh air and wonderful take on life as we all know it

dayam, it is sooo hard to write without punctuation, your a better man than I am @Bluey to be able to do it with ease

mate, dont be shy, come back when you can

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Good on you. @davemc

@Bluey s style of writing actually has a technical term for it...it's called "stream of consciousness" and James Joyce, among others, was applauded for it!

So @Bluey mate...you're following in some famous footsteps!

My problem is my fat fingers trying to use a keyboard quickly and the predictive spelling stuff used...there are some very funny misnomers that appear and, by the time I've noticed them, they're posted....and I cringe.