Foxtel GO or Mobile Foxtel Airplay & AppleTV

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
I'll give it a crack hopefully it works with the iPad 4 as thats the device I want to use foxtel go with my iPhone plan doesn't give me a lot of Data wont have time tonight I'm trying to pack my van to nick off to Lake Indoon in the morning need an adaptor for it too because of the new iPad connection

or 5 minutes

requires a jailbreak on your device... ive done mine before, its easy

Capt. Gadget you will have to try this on your HDMI out??

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Sorry guys, but I think for people who don't understand what jail breaking is and think it is all just easy should also know the pitfalls also.
Being in IT, I would have no issues at all at giving this a crack, but for others out there without the technical background, have a look at some of these links so at least you get the whole picture before trying.

http://lifehacker.com/5799007/why-you-should-not-jailbreak-your-iphone-ipod-touch-or-ipad

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how-to-tech/how-to-jailbreak-iphone2.htm

Reactions: bigman0510

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
It works!!
IMG_0032.JPG

Paula

May 20, 2013
bigman0510 I watched the footy yesterday using Airplay. I wondered if you know whether the AV adapter would be better quality than the Airplay which was a little pixelated at times, but still watchable. Other Foxtel channels are much great quality thru the Airplay. Thanks.

Paula

May 20, 2013
Hi Paula
as far as i have seen foxtel Go reduces the picture quality depending on Network speed. So it worked ok with airplay on another TV screen? with or without jailbreak?

With Jailbreak and the same TV. Although the better quality may have been for Catchup TV rather than Live, I'd have to recheck.
So network speed would be an issue for Airplay and not the adapter, is that right? Or is it the speed of internet that's the factor?

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
mornington peninsula victoria
www.bifolds.co
jailbreak devices will work, i also run 2 terrabyte network hard drives, 16 port network switch, 4 media players, 3g network modem with external antenna. 32 inch lcd main tv, outside 32 inch tv with wall mount. 2 x 15" lcds down the rear for the kids. amps 1/3 octave eqs. speakers mounted with sub in behind the external fridge grills, with network point used for audio send and return for tv, so single connection hookup including infared repeater within the same cable. can play media/foxtel with same sound or seperate sound source from another media player for music. so can watch the footy, but listen to music from the same system.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
jailbreak devices will work, i also run 2 terrabyte network hard drives, 16 port network switch, 4 media players, 3g network modem with external antenna. 32 inch lcd main tv, outside 32 inch tv with wall mount. 2 x 15" lcds down the rear for the kids. amps 1/3 octave eqs. speakers mounted with sub in behind the external fridge grills, with network point used for audio send and return for tv, so single connection hookup including infared repeater within the same cable. can play media/foxtel with same sound or seperate sound source from another media player for music. so can watch the footy, but listen to music from the same system.
Wow. Pretty trick. What do your camping neighbours think of the sub?

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Wow!! how much of that runs on 12 volt?

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
mornington peninsula victoria
www.bifolds.co
i run all the electronics of 12 volts, including tvs, also have a digital volt and amp meter to show how much power i am usubg, so remembering i have 100 amp hours total. i do get a full night of power from the battery. equipment these days are pretty good on power. i have a 5 kva generator for charging during the day if required, or the solar panels on the roof as a little help for power charge. i have a small 500 watt inverter, used to be 5000 watt, but downgraded to 500 just to run the equipment. also many other power points around the van, just inverter power. but this inverter power is also mains of course when i have mains power. fully loaded with electronics and cardboard addons. ever the water dual tank system is very different. running dual tanks. but with electronic solinoids for switching to what ever tank i wish to use from the inside. one tank is always fresh drinking water, the other we use when near rivers, which i run a long hose with a pump at the end of it, this goes into the river, which is controlled by a float in the second tank to pump water into it, just for showers and non drinking water. my jayco is not the outback version, as i did not want extra height wind drag, so i run truck airbags on the 4 wheels to raise and lower the caravan if required, this inturn enables me to adjust the left or right side for self leveling when i pull up at a site. also with motorized feet that come down by remote control. still got more mods to do thou.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Ok Adam, so now you are seriously going to have to get us interested folk some pics of your mods :)
-solenoids on the water tanks????
-airbags on the caravan!!!

:pop2:Sounds interesting.....

Reactions: Xpandafan