Exterior External BBQ Gas fitting

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I like the idea of the valve there... Saves bleeding air out prior to lighting the weber if required!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
well, I went out
didnt get tooo wet, and took some piccies for Ya'all

also, the gas tap is very close to the bayonet point, like I said, I turn off the gas first, then let the Weber drain whatever gas is in the line, and then it goes out....................

IMAG1048.jpg
you can see the inside edge of the step in this one
thats how far under the sodding thing is - now you know why I want to move it to a more "user friendly" location

IMAG1046.jpg

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
well, I went out
didnt get tooo wet, and took some piccies for Ya'all

also, the gas tap is very close to the bayonet point, like I said, I turn off the gas first, then let the Weber drain whatever gas is in the line, and then it goes out....................

View attachment 32273
you can see the inside edge of the step in this one
thats how far under the sodding thing is - now you know why I want to move it to a more "user friendly" location

View attachment 32272
We had the extra bayonet fitted at the rear when van constructed. Like yours though the fridge, water heater, stove and the bayonet taps are all in stupid positions inside of the chassis rails and they aren't obvious unless you crawl underneath. At least they could have put a paint marker on the outsides of the chassis to indicate their whereabouts.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Our rear one is in a similar potion in relation to the chassis rail but reasonably accessible (Provided I plug it in prior to setting up the weber and/or tables in front of it.

Here's where I had the front one fitted.... On the a-frame near the front chassis rail and protected by the gusset.

Img_0303_Resized.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I was thinking of "somehow" making the fitting at the edge..........
hard to explain
the overhang from the floor (internal) to the bottom......on the side
with just a hole big enough for the bayonet fitting

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
cannot think of how to describe what I am thinking...........................

Reactions: dagree

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Just remember the bayonet needs to be protected from road debris etc, that's why they are typically tucked under further

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
There ya go.
Stays pretty clean but does let a lil dust in so I was thinking I might stick some rubber to the lid to act as a gasket when closed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    813.2 KB · Views: 266