Exterior External BBQ Gas fitting

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Can someone point me in the right direction to the gas fitting I need to plumb in an external point for the WeberQ. So basically the fitting the hose fits too.

I've had enough of dragging an extra bottle around and I'm not interested in taking one off the van.

Thanks in advance.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Second link looks the best option @crackacoldie but not sure about the price (Had ours done at mates rate8-))........ YES needs to be installed by a licenced fitter

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
@cruza driver check what your main gas line is 3/8" (10mm) or 5/16"(8mm). My guess is the 3/8" then go over to caravan plus and have a look. Get the saddles from Bunnings the nylon coated ones for the factory look. Get 1/2" saddles as you need to cover the gas line with 13mm garden watering system hose. (Do that before bending the tubing ) the weber hose any bbq joint should have a 3 m one.

Last edited:
Reactions: cruza driver

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
This works for us.
I usually have the van feeding off the other bottle and use this one for the webber and as a backup for the van. image.jpg

Reactions: Cookie

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Heres my suggestion, you mighten need 3m of copper pipe though. Also don't forget 9mm self tappers to hold the saddles up and not poke through the Floor. You can also get the RV stuff at RTM it's just plumbing supplies rarely hold 3/8"

image.jpg

Last edited:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Does this look better and is it a good deal?

That kit is in 5/16 if your main line is 3/8 and you want to branch off in 5/16 you need a 3/8 tee with a 3/8 to 5/16 reducing flare nut like below. But personally I wouldn't reduce if your main line is 3/8". Also remember you can't branch of an existing appliance line you need to have an individual branch for each appliance with a isolating cock on each outlet.

image.jpg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
@bigcol when you do it call into either Industrial Fitting Sales in Motivation Drive, Wangara or Couplers in Malaga.... Tell them what you have and what you want to do. They'll sort the right fittings for you and are cheaper than caravan stores ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol

Moto Mech

Jul 18, 2012
Mole Creek, Tasmania
Gotta be mounted(bayonet fitting) so far from door too, cant remember but asked a gas fitter for a quote while he was at worksho and he mentioned that. Quote was $350 fitted by qualified gas fitter

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I am just thinking of moving the current one to a better position, so I dont have to lay down on the ground to plug the sodding thing in.......

was also toying with the idea of putting a fitting at the back - so I dont have to have the Weber at the front of the Van only.........

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
was also toying with the idea of putting a fitting at the back - so I dont have to have the Weber at the front of the Van only.........

And you'll find that you WILL use both @bigcol ..... We use the front one when the annexe walls are up and the rear one when just the awning is out.

Reactions: bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Try

www.rvpartsexpress.com.au

They have a similar range of parts as @achjimmy has mention and theyre some kind of bastard Jayco step child company, and you can order the stuff at reasonably competitive prices and then collect it from your favorite Jayco dealer freight free.

Have looked on there before and prices looked good.... Forgot to bookmark it and never could remember what the site was..... Thanks @Crusty181 . Now bookmarked :encouragement: