Dagree's (David & Greer) 2014 17.56.2OB

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
My Aerial cable to Satellite cable Splitter Switch...... Want to watch normal digital just plug it into the left one.... Want to watch satellite then easy as just unplugging from the left one and plug it into the right one :p:D

TV Aerial Points.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looked, thought, made a decision on external TV.................plausable, not to much hassle but since winter is approaching it can wait till spring but then will be fishing/yaking/swimming so possibly won't get done but just run cable from extra socket on set top to outside, can shoot remote thru window to change channels so all good and set top will take sat and terrestial aerials so won't need mixer.

upload_2016-5-18_4-36-20.jpeg
This is my label maker.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Old fools......................................pants with plenty of pockets, like old JG's, or cammo's, put everything in the pockets, then if not in pocket must be on shelf or in drawer in laundry where the Mrs chucks it, occassionally on ground below clothes line.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Normal cable @Drover ... But now you have me thinking as my supplier can't get the splitter and the salesman at the shop I got the satdish from had no friggin' idea what I was talking about!!!!!

Just going to bite the bullet and install 2 separate plugs but now you have me thinking of the HDMI option... Just need to see if the HDMI adaptor fits in the housing I have ;)
Search Steren 200-310 on fishpond.com.au, or try this link

Thats what i use to switch between terrestrial and satellite.

@mfexpanda this switch will allow you to get FTA via a Foxtel on a single cable LNB

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Hey Crusty...please forgive my ignorance but....

You have normal tv setup with the usual antenna on top and booster etc?

And satellite...portable and hooked up to what inlet?

And this switch lets you use either?

And...the satellite LNB is hooked up to Fox box?

Just contemplating this but want to understand it a bit more before I ask any more stupid questions.

Reactions: bigcol

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Search Steren 200-310 on fishpond.com.au, or try this link

Thats what i use to switch between terrestrial and satellite.

@mfexpanda this switch will allow you to get FTA via a Foxtel on a single cable LNB
How does it do that ?
Our roof top sat has 2 LNB one I use for Foxtel but the other goes to the sat finder unit that runs the dish and it has a loop outlet that I just need to run to the other Foxtel inlet .
All I need to do is work out how to get the cable run behind the micro wave .
So yes at the moment I just split the single one and Foxtel works fine except for the free to air channels

Last edited:
Reactions: bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I used a fibreglass cable puller (Snake) to get some stereo speaker wires through gaps in our van behind the microwave and through behind the shower/toilet area @mfexpanda .... Best $3.96 I have ever spent (Have used it on the house, cars, boat and now the expanda!)

Link to the Big Green Shed one... Snake

Sorry but can't answer your "How does it do that?" question though :oops:

Last edited:

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Finally got the chance to get the outside speakers wired and tested up this afternoon between showers... Outdoor entertainment all done :)
Packed some gear in the back shed and found the left over sail track from a previous job on the last van.... Long enough to fit the spare shade wall we have so looks like the next mod will be mounting it on the "Off Side" for a bit of shade and protection when parked in open areas!

Next weekends job between repairing a fence (Damn storms), mowing lawns, and doing the winter weeding >:(

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey Crusty...please forgive my ignorance but....

You have normal tv setup with the usual antenna on top and booster etc?

And satellite...portable and hooked up to what inlet?

And this switch lets you use either?

And...the satellite LNB is hooked up to Fox box?

Just contemplating this but want to understand it a bit more before I ask any more stupid questions.
We have a portable satellite dish (only the well-to-do folk, and you know who you are, have auto sat dishes)

We have the standard Winegard on the roof which runs to the Winegard plug plate in the van. The satellite dish plugs in to the usual outside road side antenna "in" jack, and to a second antenna plug plate next to the Winegard plate

We ditched Foxtel and now have the VAST Free to Air Satellite decoder but its the same principle. The VAST satellite decoder plugs into the second interior antenna plug plate.

In effect we basically have 2 separate coax systems. The Winegard then plugs into the TVs terrestrial input and the VAST decoder plugs into the TVs HDMI. Just select DTV or HDMI depending what signal your using.

I have a third coax that runs from the same spot as the other two plates to the outside TV point and both bunks. The Steren switch I only use to switch the signal to those TV points from Winegard to VAST.

If you keen to get your head around it, Ill draw a diagram for you. Its not nearly as complex as it sounds. It works very well and very simply with bugger all set up or input from me. My only input is to put the dish on the stand and plug it into the vans antenna "in" ... done